Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Eggs not hatching....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eggs not hatching....  (Read 2644 times)
Wing&aPrayer
« on: July 04, 2004, 11:16:24 AM »

I have 15 Tuxedo Quail that I have been incubating. The temp was set at 101.5 and has stayed there the whole time. Humidity was in the right range. Everything seemed perfect. I did candle the eggs and something did develope because they are not clear but because the color of the shells is brown and spectacled and cant get a good look to see if anything is moving or not and did put the egg to my ear and I dont hear anything. I know that with my Bob White you could hear them pecking and peeping.  Today is the 18th day when do you kind of figure they are going to hatch? Should I break one open and see what is going on? Thanks for any advice.

Christie
Wing&aPrayer
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 03:31:09 PM »

Well they still havent hatched and no pipping either. They are active in their eggs because I can see the eggs rock back and forth. So I dont want to step in to soon but I would hate to sit back and wait to long and lose them because I didnt act soon enough. Any thoughts anyone?

Christie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »