Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Site Announcements/Promotions/Feedback
| |-+  Site and Forum Announcements/ Feedback
| | |-+  Is www.shaywood.com related to this forum???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is www.shaywood.com related to this forum???  (Read 3438 times)
kiaya611
« on: May 19, 2007, 12:25:41 AM »

When I went to change my profile info, a box popped up stating "Authentication Required" with the address of www.shaywood.com.  Is this part of this forum and thus ok or has someone hacked into the system and is stealing login ids and passwords?

Please let me know because before I really thought about it, I put in my login ID and password.

I would have addressed this to a moderator or administrator, but I couldn't find where I could reach one.

Please let me know.

Thank you.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:35:09 AM »

Well that used to be the domain name to this place before the change. Looks like it's still pointing to this site too. So it's fine and not a hack.
kiaya611
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 12:43:57 AM »

Thank you.  I am very glad to hear that.  I am normally extremely careful about things like that...redirections, etc., but I obviously wasn't paying close enough attention to ask BEFORE I put in my ID an Password.  I'm glad in this case that it is ok.

Thank you very much.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 12:52:35 AM »

No problem.

Just checked...it's not a redirect to here. But that domain name is still being used by the previous owner elsewhere. I guess they need to update that info. But ya...you don't have to worry.
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 11:01:58 PM »

Shaywood was the original domain name of this website before it was changed to That Quail Place .com  There shouldnt be any redirects to outside of this site.  Since that name was in use for years it is still being pointed to in many of the search engines so I left in where it was.  This site is authenticated and stored on a secure server.  I am the only person who has access to this information and I can assure you it is safe.  When a new user becomes a member they not only have to sign in and add a password, they have to verify their info and log in using the info they have given.  This prevents unauthorized users (mainly unattended computers) to just create an account under a name and have access to the forum.  If your computer IP address does not match the email account you used at signup there is no access PERIOD.  Some people have multiple IP's and this is mainly from logging in at different locations. If you have any questions on security issues please feel free to contact me.

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »