Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  OK Looking to figure this out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK Looking to figure this out  (Read 2919 times)
14Yoquailfarmer
« on: May 23, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »

I want to figure out a calender for my quail. My incubator that I'm getting hatches 108 quail eggs I'm ordering 100 quail eggs and then when thats done i want to have half of those that hatch to be breeders then what i want do do is get them laying then i want to order a couple more so i have around 65 females breeding i want to know how many incubators and when i should put the eggs in and the whole idea of this how to get this produsing alot of eggs
JohnInDixon
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 09:11:52 AM »

If we're talking Coturnix, it should be simple math.  3 weeks for a normal hatch add a couple of days for differences. Incubate every 3 - 4 weeks.
 Now you have to ask yourself "how many days do I want to "hold" eggs until I start incubation?" If you want to "hold" for 7 days and your incubator holds 108 eggs and a quail lays 1egg/day Then 108 divided by 7 means you'll need 15.428 hens to be laying and keep your incubator full.  For 5 days of "hold pattern" you would need 21.6 hens.
Getting them partial hens might cost you extra... meanwhile I'm sure you can pickle the rest and enjoy while the incubator is full.

G'luck & God Bless   John
14Yoquailfarmer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 02:26:49 PM »

well if i get some people in my area to start buying them do you think that it would be worth it to bye a sportsmen cause the world bird statuary is right down the road from me so i think that i could get them to bye  from me what do you think
ChrisCarreiro

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »

14YOquailfarmer,

Are you 14 years old and a quail farmer?

Chris

Chris Carreiro
Swansea,MA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »