Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  What would you do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 2887 times)
geeter

« on: April 26, 2006, 08:19:08 PM »

I'm colony breeding.  I have 18 hens and 6 cocks in the same pen.  Trouble is, one of the males just pretty much stays covered up in one of my nest boxes.  I reckon he's the weak one.  I feel pretty sure none of the other males are letting him breed or do much of anything for that matter.  What should i do? Frying pan?  Don't see much sense in feedin' him if all he's going to do is cower in a corner....what do ya'll think?
woodenegg
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 08:30:34 PM »

I think I would introduce him to the arctic training camp and invite him into my freezer.  You may want to seperate him and fatten him up first depending on how he's doing.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:33:50 PM »

lol good one woodenegg.

If you want to make use of him, then seperate him with some hens. If not, just throw him on the barbieque and invite us!  :laugh:
sp2207
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 09:28:42 PM »

I agree with aKirA   seperate him with a few hens  or  eat him when he is big enough
topshot
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 01:14:40 AM »

Pluck 'im, dredge 'im in a little flour mixed w/seasoned salt & garlic powder, stuff 'im full of cooked wild rice & roast  for about 30 minutes at 325 while sipping a bit of crown royal, then enjoy
zip
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:38:24 PM »

I would seperate him and give him his own loven. If you eat him the next bird at the bottom of the pecking order will get what he was getting and you will have the same results just with less males.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »