Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Happy New Year ya'll....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy New Year ya'll....  (Read 5028 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« on: January 02, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »

Hi,
Just wanted to wish you guys a very happy new year, hope great things will come this year. May this year be a great one!!!
Enjoy!
 j2
birdlover17

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »

Well, Happy New Year to you too j2.

I got to ask you this question, you came back to the forum as the New and Improved birdlover17, what happen? It seems that your ways haven't changed, and you constantly seem to enjoy  s53 in someones Cherrios.

What happen to the +1 Karma you had? You are now at -9.

Shape up or Ship out!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:05 AM »

This should be interesting to watch :evil: s98

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »

Hi Pheasant Hollow Farm,

Well i just made a remark about me loving animals and how i thought it was wrong to kill the snares, its my opinion, i really don't understand why i would deserve to get a -9 karma for having an opinion. Its like i have to be careful what i say since everything i do say is wrong. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and they shouldn't be wrong for that..wouldn't you agree? Since i know that all i did was to have an opinion i don't think i did anything wrong.. unless the animal thing bothered people... for that i am sorry. I'll try to shape up to the best of my ability. I don't want anyone to get mad or upset. I enjoy my stay here.
 j4

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »

Your opinion is based with no knowledge what so ever in regards to snares though.
But anti's are like that ......
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:56:51 PM »

..... i thought it was wrong to kill the snares, .....

I don't know why anyone would want to kill "snares" either!   As long as nothing touches them, why... they don't hurt a thing.   Seems to me that something would have to be messin' with one of them snares first, in which case it would be self-defense.......wouldn't it?   They're not good fer eatin' er nuttin'.....they's not very smart, why they'll set right there and let ya pik 'em up.   s47  Might be able to tie a rusty fender back on a Toyota or somfin' wif it?? But that's about it.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:51:59 PM »

..... i thought it was wrong to kill the snares, .....

I don't know why anyone would want to kill "snares" either!   As long as nothing touches them, why... they don't hurt a thing.   Seems to me that something would have to be messin' with one of them snares first, in which case it would be self-defense.......wouldn't it?   They're not good fer eatin' er nuttin'.....they's not very smart, why they'll set right there and let ya pik 'em up.   s47  Might be able to tie a rusty fender back on a Toyota or somfin' wif it?? But that's about it.

j41 j41 s020 s020 It is soo funny how all of you guys and just start up fights.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 04:01:10 AM »

Hi Pheasant Hollow Farm,

Well i just made a remark about me loving animals and how i thought it was wrong to kill the snares, its my opinion, i really don't understand why i would deserve to get a -9 karma for having an opinion. Its like i have to be careful what i say since everything i do say is wrong. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and they shouldn't be wrong for that..wouldn't you agree? Since i know that all i did was to have an opinion i don't think i did anything wrong.. unless the animal thing bothered people... for that i am sorry. I'll try to shape up to the best of my ability. I don't want anyone to get mad or upset. I enjoy my stay here.
 j4

So what you are telling me is that you are a non-hunter, am I correct on this assumption? Have you ever eaten wild game either birds or other big game or small game mammals?

I would also like to get your opinion on another question,

Do you feel it is wrong for me to go out to my pen and wack a couple of birds for table fare?

I kill what I will consume. I don't kill for the sake of killing. I eat rabbit, squirrel, deer, bear, and most upland game birds. All animals that are taken are taken in a legal manner according to the states game laws, this is included while I lived in NY.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 01:07:26 PM »

Yes, Pheasant Hollow Farm, I'am a non-hunter and no i have never eaten wild game of any kind, except for rabbits but I'm talking about the domesticated kinds not wild rabbits.
No, i don't feel it is wrong for you to go out to your pen and kill a couple birds for table fare. I don't have a problem with killing what you will consume, just when people kill for the fun of it and think its funny to just kill and think they'll get away with it.
 p42

birdlover17

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »

Yes, Pheasant Hollow Farm, I'am a non-hunter and no i have never eaten wild game of any kind, except for rabbits but I'm talking about the domesticated kinds not wild rabbits.
No, i don't feel it is wrong for you to go out to your pen and kill a couple birds for table fare. I don't have a problem with killing what you will consume, just when people kill for the fun of it and think its funny to just kill and think they'll get away with it.
 p42

birdlover17

Let me see if I have this straight....it is OK for you to go into your back yard and wack a tame rabbit for table fare, but if I legally go out, using legal snares to take a few wild ones each year for the table, that is wrong in your eyes ?
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 02:56:18 PM »

well Reeves , at that time i thought that it wasn't legal to take from the wild, i don't hunt so i have absolutely no clue about whats legal or not..but anyways, No, i don't think it is wrong for you to take a few wild ones each year for the table, if anything it keeps the population in check, so go ahead there are plenty more out there.

j44

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »