Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Bob's hatched:0)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bob's hatched:0)  (Read 8063 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 07:49:35 PM »

Don't ever use the 1/4"........you'll wish you never did. It will plug up and cuts down on the versatility of your pens (can't keep older big pooper birds on wire made for small pooper birds).   :laugh:

Most use 1/2" and they can be turned loose on it after the first week without a problem.  Although any "straddle leggers" don't fair well on the wire (get caught), but it's best to cull those anyway.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
douglasgraham
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 06:59:27 PM »

OK one finial question and I'll stop bugging everbody. When is a good time to stop grinding up the starter crumbles and last how long do you keep them on the starter food?
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 01:22:27 AM »

I quit any grinding feed at 1 week, although there is usually some residual ground up feed in the feeder that mixes with the unground feed, therefore, giving them a transitional period.    :laugh:   I will also let them on the wire at 1 week.
     Starter feed?.........I feed (28-30%) it to them the whole time that I have them, simply because I usually release them at 5 weeks of age. If I keep(breeders, etc.) some, around 8 weeks before I change over.

That's just what I do, others may have a different plan.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 09:28:47 AM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
douglasgraham
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 07:58:42 AM »

Thanks trailbossusa that pretty much the plan. Thanks for the helpful advice.
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »

Congrats on your hatch.  I just added another 2MB of picture space to the server settings so feel free to post some pics of your birds. 

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
douglasgraham
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 09:25:09 PM »

Heres the babies. This is at week one.........thats three weeks ago! I can't belive how fast these guys grow.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »