Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  Hello
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2581 times)
MR.Dreamlandbird

My homeade incubator.

« on: April 26, 2008, 11:07:45 PM »

Does anyone know what would be a good material to use for the outside of an incubator?
its  to control outside heat from entering my homemade incubator thats made of a cardboard box.
freakin hate it when the temp goes like about 102 F even though im using a fan. thanks a bunch!!

I used to raise and breed a variety of pet and exoctic birds. Tryin something new this year with quail....lets see how it goes!
CoopVilla
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 03:46:24 AM »

IMO - Styrofoam - you can find it at home depot. if you have the measurements and ask, they may cut it for you. line all six sides. you could also line the inside with tin foil which will retain  and reflect heat better. allow your incubator to breath a little and watch the temp/humidity for 72 hrs or until it stabilizes.  You could get creative and use a cheap Styrofoam cooler - just prepare and stabilize before your move. theres also small rolls of flexible insulation thats easy to cut at a place like home depot - It isn't fiberglass

It would be best if you could put some disinfected Styrofoam on the inside
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 03:48:09 AM by CoopVilla » Logged
MR.Dreamlandbird

My homeade incubator.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:21:53 AM »

Thank you very much!!! im going tomm. first thing.
man i learn a lot from this forum!! :) j2

I used to raise and breed a variety of pet and exoctic birds. Tryin something new this year with quail....lets see how it goes!
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »

Every thing sounds great, but i wouldn't put tin foil on the inside as birds just love to pick at it and thats not good for there indigestion
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »