Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Which quail to raise
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which quail to raise  (Read 13822 times)
Royal Flush Game Birds

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2006, 09:07:20 PM »

I sell and buy thousands of eggs every year from all over the country.I receive eggs USPS and ship USPS. I routinly get 70% or better hatches.On occasion I will get 60-65% depending on the breed. Ebay or Eggbid has nothing to do with the quality of eggs.I buy off both.I check feedback before I buy.Most people want eggs at a  cheap price and sad to say thats exactly what you get.

I get tired of hearing people bad mouth other breeders and ebay.Most people do not take the time to candle their eggs and the eggs that do not hatch they simply throw them out without examining to see where in the development stage they died. More people kill embryos than the post office ever will by not allowing the egg to settle over nite.They get so hung up on hurrying up and getting them in the incubator as soon as they open the box. There is absolutely no proof that x-ray machines damage or kill embryos.If there is documentation I have never read and would like to if anyone could provide that for me.

For me to never get any eggs to hatch thru the mail I couldn't stay in business. There is more going on than scammers.Most is inexperienced of the incubation process or lack of paying attention to detail. I'm with magnumhtnr on one thing.Ill give you the eggs if you will agree to ship back at your expense the unhatched eggs and let me examine at what day they might have died.Ill send you 50 bobs with a few extras and if you cant get 50% to hatch Ill post the results.Intrested?

WWW.ROYALFLUSHGAMEBIRDS.COM
ChrisCarreiro

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2006, 11:46:43 PM »

I am interested, i have had really bad luck with ordering eggs online. Is this offer good for me? I am looking to find someone reliable.

Chris Carreiro
Swansea,MA
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »

Chris, You still using that lamp? lol. or did you get a good bator yet?

mike
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2006, 05:07:13 AM »

finished buying eggs off internet hatched 50%of 300 chuckar  and 57% of 500 bobs i ordered off the internet, meanwhile my own eggs are hatching at 97% said it last year and will say it again internet  is the best place to get ripped off  ,best out in the world for shipping infertile eggs is NO GUARANTEE ON EGGS DO TO SHIPPING AND HANDLING BEYOND OUR CONTROL (bull---)
woodenegg
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2006, 09:10:02 AM »

If you are so sure, ship your self some eggs that spend 3 or 4 days in the postal system and see how the hatch rate changes.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2006, 07:15:45 PM »

well...regardless of the hatchability rate of shipped eggs, I think everyone will still continue to order because it's convenient and due to lack of suppliers locally. I have no resources other then to order online.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2006, 09:10:44 PM »

I won't ,when i buy something i expect to get what I paid for if I want 500 bobs I should not have to buy 1000 to get 500  does not make much business sense especially when my own eggs hatch at a 97% rate
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »