Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:46:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Charlie in the Game Bird Gazette
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charlie in the Game Bird Gazette  (Read 4887 times)
Toddk

« on: September 23, 2004, 08:36:44 AM »

Congratulations, Charlie, on your article in the new Gamebird Gazette. It sounds like you have a high quality operation going in DE. I will be sure to order from you in the future.
CHARLIE

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 07:31:51 PM »

THANKS TODDK,
 IT WAS REALLY NICE OF THEM TO ASK ME FOR A INTERVIEW. I DO SELL A LOT OF BIRDS THANKS TO MY ADD IN THE GAZETTE AND THE INTERNET,
IF FACT MY MEXICAN AN WHITES ARE SOLD OUT ALL READY,
    THANKS AGAIN FOR THE KIND WORDS
          CHARLIE
           BACKYARD GAMEBIRD FARM
            DELAWARE

WAS A ADVANCED MEMBER IN THE OLD FORUM
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 11:17:40 AM »

....I too saw you in the Gazette, nice outfit you have there!

Remember just a few weeks ago, there was a discussion about grinding up feed for newborns and if I remember right the guys name was "delet", whom was very persistant that grinding feed was not neccessary and those who did were fools, but also had some very valid points as to why one should not or need not do this. I had suggested at one point that he may only be familiar with a certain or just a few brands of feed and that did/would not require any grinding. Well, was grinding feed for my newborns because they would not hardly touch it, they would pick thru it and I would say that 80-90% was wasted (too big). So I ground it up, of course this only had to be done for about the first week, not much effort at all really. The other day I opened a new bag of feed, same brand, etc., etc., it was completely different than the previous bag, same stuff, just smaller size.........no grinding needed! So therefore I just wanted to point out that there are differences in feed size from brand to brand and bag to bag. I believe that quite a few people only raise a few at a time and one bag will last quite a while, therefore they may get a bag of "big stuff" just like I did and not know any different, then wonder why their birds won't eat it. Or maybe this new bag that I got is from the bottom of the hopper???  LOL! I would have told "delet" this, but he appears to have moved even higher above the rest of us than he was before, we're not even permitted to read his posts!    :wink:

Again....Nice Article!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 06:12:57 AM »

Charlie, we also saw your article in the GBG and thought you have a great set up.

Trailbossa, I grind my food for the babies, they eat it better and there is much less waste. Purina seems to have two types of chunks in all of their foods, some really large and some small but I grind the starter/grower anyway. It works for me and I don't feel that I am foolish for saving the money on feed.

Have a great day

Lori

Five Hollers Quail Farm
quailacres
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 04:58:25 PM »

Hey Charlie,

Just wanted to say that I, too, read and enjoyed the article about how you breed and care for your quail in the last Game Bird Gazette. Congratulations on the good work. It's wonderful when people share their knoweldge with others. i may order some quail from you one of these days as you obviously have good ones. :D
CHARLIE

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 11:21:07 PM »

MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS, I SELL ONLY WHAT I WOULD BUY.
                          CHARLIE
                           BACKYARD GAMEBIRD FARM
                            DELAWARE

WAS A ADVANCED MEMBER IN THE OLD FORUM
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »