Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:00:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  That Quail Place ChatRoom
| | |-+  Keeping quail inside coop in Winter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keeping quail inside coop in Winter  (Read 1807 times)
Brenda

I'm a GREAT BIG bird.

« on: December 09, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »

s85 Hello to all! We've had a bitter cold spell here in Washington state. I have locked up my quail in their house with a heat light, h20 heater, etc. It has been in the single digits at night, with daytime temps. at a maximum of 20 degrees, with winds day and night. They perch outside at night, have a covered flight area. The house is aprox. 32 degrees with light. Could make it warmer, just wanted to keep them out of the wind and extreme temps. at night. My question is, am I doing them any favors by this? How cold is too cold for birds?  I have gambell and mountain quail. The Mountains perch by themselves at night, the gambell perch in line. Thanks so much!!!!
Brenda
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »

With putting a light on them 24/7 your going to start them to laying and that is not good since that could be a strain on their bodies and they could be using that energy for making heat for themselves..a little heat does not hurt but turn off the lights...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »