Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:21:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Pearl Hatchery- Any experince with them?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Hatchery- Any experince with them?  (Read 8435 times)
ROTTnBRITT

Personal Text

« on: May 06, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has ever done business with Pearl Hatchery.  Then are located in PA, north of Pittsburg.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:56:22 AM by ROTTnBRITT » Logged
ROTTnBRITT

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 08:54:38 AM »

Well I recieved my order of BW's. (100)  They did ship about 10 extra, but they shipped them when the low for the night was 38 degrees.  The post office called and say they arrived, and though they were all dead. There was no noise or movement.  When I got in the truck I opened the box. When the staples popped the box shook and I seen some legs kicking. I hurried home and got them in the brooder.

3 dead and 28 more in the next 20 min. and 21 more in 12 hours.  Ive had them 2 days now and the ones that made it are doing well.   

I called him 2 day before shipment, and said the we have been having cold weather lately, do you think you should wait a week to ship. Supposed to warm up the next week.  He said he would check the weather at my location and decide wether to ship or not.  He would call if he didnt ship them.  Must be a low of 38 is warm enough to ship.

I left supplier a message the next day. Havent heard anything back yet. ???
russ

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »

i waited 2 extra weeks before they shipped my bw chicks because of weather,all were fine when they arrived. i have left e-mails that never get returned. but if u call them u can talk to them.i will do business with them again because the prices are the best i found anywhere and they paid attention to detail with my order..hope this helps ya...Russ
ROTTnBRITT

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »

Yes, they do have good prices.  I am getting another shipment of 100 bw from them in 2 weeks.   They have been pretty good to work with.  Took awhile to get ahold of them though.

There birds seem to be pretty hardy and good flyers.  Not to sure about their roosting habits.  At night they line up against the side of the pen.  about a dozen roost off the ground.   
They are real spooky during the day.  run and hide as soon as they seem me, but a night I have to kick them to get them to move.  Seem like sitting ducks to me as far a being in the wild. 
russ

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:41 PM »

mine r spooky as well. i had 82 hatch out from another supplier one brooder box would erupt when i walked up to tend to them the next one filled with my hatch were like hurry up and feed us. i mixed them together in the growout pen and now theyre all wild. havent checked them at night though
ROTTnBRITT

Personal Text

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »

Recieved my nexted batch of 100 BW's.   No problems, all delivered alive and well.  Shipment was as scheduled.  Noisey little buggers. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »