Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:10:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  WHAT HAPPEN ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPEN ?  (Read 6397 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« on: July 05, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »

This Forum has gone completely dead.....and we used to have so much fun here.... dk2

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
DomC

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »

I used to enjoy reading the forum but dead.. I guess everyone has migrated to BYC.
DoubleL911
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 10:52:16 PM »

I am with you on this. I check for new post daily and nothing. You think that the economy has hurt us.

Larry
backyardquail

This place is going to the birds!

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »

Sadly most of the post seem to be about Pinto's lately.

Backyard Quail
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." - Victor Hugo
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »

s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »

Sadly most of the post seem to be about Pinto's lately.

bird288

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »

I get on here and look
 No new post are anything any more
I know feed for our bantams are going out of sight
  Hen Scratch is $10.25
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 01:38:43 PM »

Your funny Reeves...you will never snap out of it.... s020

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 09:36:41 PM »

You may be right  od1
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 08:14:19 AM »

I suppose people are busy doing other things.  I cant say anything I used to be on here several times a day then disappeared for awhile then come back.  For one thing due to an increased amount of spam I disabled the registration so no new members could join with out contacting me first.  I usually get several new members a day to join (actual real members) and the past few months I had 300-400 a day to register.  With the forum open like it was anyone with a valid email could join.  Even after adding encrypted words you had to unscramble before you could join I still got the registrations.  I get three emails for each person that joined the forum.  You take three emails and multiply that by 300-400 registrations and you can see my inbox filling up daily.  And I get everything duplicate on my cell phone on top of that!  My battery would go dead in 3 hours every day with all the traffic.  I just opened it back up so we will see what happens with that.  As far as liveliness in here are there any things you want changed or added?  Do we need to expand topics to chickens and other birds?  I have chickens too but I never talked about them on here. 

This is your forum.  Tell me what you want to see in here.  I just pay the bills.  TQP has been here for years and always has been the place for information on gamebirds.  Without its members we couldnt have gotten that far.

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »

There was 1 person that took this forum down.. and we all know who that was...

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »

Reeves I LMAO everytime I read that post....

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 05:54:18 AM »

Larry

Hard to say what is needed to kick start things.
Lots of us older bird guys moved on to different things.
I nearly got completely out of birds myself (only a breeding pair of Black Shoulder Peacocks right now).
Plus I "hear" times are tough in the States. I would think many people have cut things back, like hobby birds and more ?
I still see lots on reading, just not much for posting.
Briar Hill Brittanys

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 09:25:40 AM »

I'm somewhat of a "lurker".  Always stayed in the background and did'nt have much to say with my limited experience in birds.  Some of the other forums I subscribe to send out emails stating that I'll be dropped because of inactivity.  Always gets me to respond.  I still come by occasionally to check for any new posts.  Even searched a few subjects for some late night reading.  I maintain my small covey (under 100) of bobwhites for dog training purposes, and have a few ringnecks, too.  That being said, thank you to everyone for the great info.  I've learned a bunch.  Mark

Britts aren't big dogs, but there's more than enough room for all you want in devotion, intelligence, and a merry disposition. Britts live to please their hunting pals. Pick a bird cover from chukars to woodcock, they'll do the job for you with pleasure.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »