Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  advise and information
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: advise and information  (Read 1910 times)
backcountry
Expert Member

« on: September 16, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »

started my new job today  and it pays GREAT but the hours are long and work every other weekend  so now i have the $ to get the incubator i WANT so? is what is out there
with $ out of the question i need it to be EASY TO use and self maintain as much as possible wife will be watching it
does not have to hole a crap load of eggs but need to be able to hold at least 300 quail and some chicken

here are the ones i know about
1 gqf sporteman  i like the digital command center on it would be easy for wife to adjust temp
2 dickey 
3 Brinsea  i like the auto humidity and digital temp wife could do it all and just have to keep water in the bucket

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cabinet-Incubator-New-Ova-Easy-380-Advanced-EX-Package_W0QQitemZ390050836675QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad0d770c3&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

what else is out there in those sizes or even other brands

thank all

oh i have 2 weeks to decide
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »

I have a GQF cabinet incubator, in which I also use as the hatcher.  Automatic waterer is a must. After using those user-unfriendly styrofoam incubators, I can go on vacation while eggs are incubating with this thing. Practically requires no attention during incubation.
  I have read where others have issues with the Sportsman incubators when incubating multiple batches, as the entire incubator requires raising the humidity levels during hatching.  Your best bet would be to have a incubator and a seperate hatcher.
  I don't have any experience with any others......so that's my .50 cents. (inflation)   :grin:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
backcountry
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 09:19:16 AM »

i plan n hatching eggs in the winter  i burn a wood stove and the humidity goes up and down A LOT  40 point swings  from day to day could the sportsman maintain the right lel without adjusting it every day?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »