Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:22:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  What tempature should you set quail eggs at in the incubator?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What tempature should you set quail eggs at in the incubator?  (Read 4781 times)
ertao

Personal Text

« on: January 21, 2011, 03:11:27 AM »

I just purchased an incubator off the internet and it comes with 4 quail eggs and they dont know what tempature to set them at and neither do i and i need to know before they get here. Thanks for the help....

backyardquail

This place is going to the birds!

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 10:04:18 AM »

The instructions for my incubator says 100 degrees fahrenheit for most eggs.  The temperature is measured at egg level, not top of incubator.

http://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/Thermal%20Hova-Bator%20%20instructions.pdf

Backyard Quail
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." - Victor Hugo
alan vallejo

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »

hi i have something extra to add, you must be carefull of the humidity, at all time, the quail eggs are verry sesitive to dry enviroment. y use my incubator at 100, but if yours is a small one without a fan, you can use a higer temp no more than 102, if it have a fan you can begin with 99.5, or 100. if they are bob white they hatch in 23 to 25 days, if they are japanese they hatch in 18 to 20 days, 3 days prior to hatch you have to stop turning the eggs and increse humiditi, you can lower the temp by .5 to increese it or and add a biger water container, if you buy a gqf incubator it came whith extra space for that.
wish you luk with your proyect.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »