Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  ammunition accountability
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ammunition accountability  (Read 16184 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: January 03, 2009, 05:09:12 AM »

18 states so far starting Jan 1st 2009 are starting a Ammunition Accountability Act through state legislation???

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Technology.htm

So much for the good old days of reloading. So far, WV isn't one of the states.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 05:46:58 AM »

Another attack on the 2nd amendment   s80

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
ode2god
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »

crumbs !!!what good is a right to bear arms if you cant load them? i bet the bad guys dont count how many bullets they use s176
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 12:07:08 PM »

I expected this from the northeastern states- but the rest of the country?  Thats why I have 40,000 rounds in storage!

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 02:02:59 PM »

crumbs !!!what good is a right to bear arms if you cant load them?

::)   Duh!?   That's what good ole Hussein and Obiden are all about.........sure you can keep your right to bear arms, but you better be able to fire rocks and use mud for gun powder.  Change!!  LOL!!! 

What we need here is a "purchaser".   I vote for "Pheasant Hollow".   ^-^

Back to melting my own lead again........ :-|

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 02:48:19 PM »

I think this may be bogus.  It shows Mo. has passed it.  I have not heard cannons roaring, so something's wrong.  I buy from a State senator, from time to time.  I'll call him this afternoon.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »

I heard this somewhere:   "I say use the first 1000 off the assembly line on the jokers who would be responsible for passing any such law and see if the system really works?" end quote

They've been working on the "coded bullets" and they'll probably start with just that.

Then 5-10 years down the road, they'll sneak in the "consumer registeration" in order to purchase any ammo under some other Bill when no one is looking and the coded bullets will be the norm by then.

^-^

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »

I received this the other day from a vet friend.

I went to the link, and as ludicrous as this sounds, the bills to enact the restrictions on all ammo [including rim fire] is real.

An example: If enacted, a brick of 1000 rounds of .22 rimfire would cost the [average of] $30 + $50 (1000 @ $0.05 per round= $50) for a total retail cost of about $80.  Reloading would be illegal ...so the shooting sports of skeet and trap will be effectively finished.

This would end the affordability to "target shoot" for most people.  The only people affected will be the law-abiding citizens as the
criminals will just have a good laugh when they stop in at your house to blow you away ......'cuz they know you probably will not have a
loaded firearm available for you to defend yourself.

Brent

Ammunition Accountability Saving lives ....one bullet at a time!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.

Proposed Act - Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held un-coded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including handloaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona , California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri , New Jersey , New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island , South Carolina , Tennessee , and Washington .

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to: http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Bird Brained
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »

So much for the good old days of reloading. So far, WV isn't one of the states.

No worries steve - All you need is some lead (fishing sinkers could work), a bullet form, and you're good to go.

btw - I'd like to see them laser etch every one of those bb's in my bird shells (shot gun)  s020
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 04:50:11 PM »

btw - I'd like to see them laser etch every one of those bb's in my bird shells

They can already do this to wee tiny diamonds.....
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 04:51:41 PM »

And if they charge for each piece of shot, what do they care?

rutrobubba

When guns are outlawed ONLY outlaws will have guns

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »

An unloaded gun is just a CLUB..................I don't own any clubs
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 10:18:02 PM »

Just as I suspected.  While the framework of the story is factual, it's like an empty building in an innercity slum.  Windows busted out, walls kicked full of holes, and the owners/builders are still trying to sell it as a mansion.  The State Senator told me that it was proposed by a gal in St. Louis, and that no one could stop her from proposing legislation, now matter it's merit.  It seems that's what lawmakers do, make laws (who'da thunk).  He got a letter from the jokers in N. J. (that makes since, huh?  It said he really needed to support and propose the scheme.  He trashed it, but it seems this (probably the only woman who is easily fooled) idiot from the city thought she'd look good.  I guess the bill hit the Senate trash can about as hard as the N.J. letter hit his.

He assured me that no anti-gun legislation had a snow balls chance in hell in Missouri.  That makes sense, they have relieved a lot of restrictions formerly imposed on gun owners, because of the city monkeys.  Including wiping out a requirement that anyone wanting to carry ad to get a letter of approval from the local Sheriff.

If you click on the main link, then on the Missouri link, it will take you to donkey faces page on the state website.  Her name is Bray  I suppose the sound she makes when Legislating.  If you look at her proposal, S. B. 1200, it looks as if it is already law, even giving effective dates for the law, and for the subsequent outlawing of unmarked ammo.  I talked to another guy who doesn't believe the technology would really work.  At least not to the extent they claim.  Another skunk in their claims is that they will be able to identify many of the purchasers of the ammo right from the crime scene.  Ever see "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid"?  They'd need hot C.S.I.s (does not stand for Crime Scene Investigator), to suck out the bullet, on the spot.

Never mind the chain of evidence night mares.  Just think of the mess on the streets.

I'm sure this is about the state of things across the country.  Yes, the desire to control and screw us is real.  For that, the sponsors deserve neither shelter, or American air.  But the reality of the crap is pretty far fetched.  Especially with the watchmen on the wall, and the internet to spread paranoia, IF it causes us to act.  I believe a select few understand the real purpose of the Second Amendment.  Which is why they fear armed citizens.

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 10:52:44 PM »

Quote from: wildergamebirds
I believe a select few understand the real purpose of the Second Amendment.  Which is why they fear armed citizens.

....or they all understand and realize that "they" are the ones in which the amendment was meant to guard against?  ^-^   

mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »

An unloaded gun is just a CLUB..................I don't own any clubs
Me neither!

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »