Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  17.5 birds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 17.5 birds  (Read 2984 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« on: May 06, 2008, 12:05:55 AM »

Charlie,  On a 17.5 bird per bust, I would like to know just how you know what part of that bird is the .5 part.  The right side or the left side or somewhere in the middle ???  Just kidding but couldn't resist it.

From your previous statement,  You have been surfing all the gamebird forums with your candid undercover work. You must be quite well off by now.  Do you need any help because after trying to get into the bird business I'm broke and could use a job.   Happy Birthday Charlie

Well, it's a political thing, there's really no good answer other than it's a way to screw people over and make things so complicated that no one can understand any of it, therefore you are open to tell them anything that gets them out of the room and gets you what you want. Kinda like gasoline....$3.799.   They burned you for another penny on every gallon. 

Now with the birds, you'll be ok with 17 adults and one 6 week old or 35 six week olds, etc. etc.    See what I mean?  At my day job, they say it takes 32.5 people to perform a certain task. I ask who's the .5?  Is it Bill, Todd, or Larry?  Or is it that I'm actually equal to 1.5 men or possibly even 2.5 or 3.5?   ^-^

All joking aside, politicians and government management use off the wall figures like that all of the time when it comes to manpower, simply because that's how the math worked out, even though there is no such thing. And they're too lazy to be realistic.....:-o....that's odd.

Things are pretty tight around here too.....only one bust in the last 6 years!   :-o  And he got off on a technicality, swore up and down that 2 of the birds came out of the woods and broke in for food.  :x  Multiple DNA tests and 9 months in court wasted!

Happy Birthday Charlie

Thanks........yeehhhooowwwww!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:43:02 AM »

The wife don't like me reading news papers and watching news on TV......because I go balistic with domb things the Gov is always up to.

(yes, I yell at the TV)

Like what I last heard. Supposed to be "free" health care next year (in AB only, no monthly premiums).
Any time I hear someone say that, I remind them they (Gov) has raised taxes in so many other areas that you will now pay more than double !

Don't like the Gov much. Even local. "They" assessed my place, sight unseen, 80k higher. Due to the falsely inflated economy. Land taxes took a huge jump. Now the economy is adjusting downward ......except for the taxes !

I know about that .5 man/day thing. Worked for the Feds for several years. To think some knuckle head is being paid to come up with those wierd numbers !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 06:54:12 AM »

They call them efficiency experts.(labor Consultents)  s020

You know, cut down the square footage so the employee can do more then one thing at a time.

I use to be one of them in the printing industry.. People don't like the idea of being told that they can do more than one thing at a time.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »