Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:01:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  New Regulations on Muscovy Ducks Important!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Regulations on Muscovy Ducks Important!  (Read 5684 times)
Sutcliffe Farm Supply

« on: March 21, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »

Starting April 1st 2010. Muscovy Ducks are now considered Federal Migratory Waterfowl. You have to have a federal migratory Waterfowl License to sell Muscovy Ducks. I'm not kidding. Just found this out last week. I talked with the US Fish & Wildlife Service. They claim a wild population of Muscovys in Texas and Florida. And I know muscovys have caused problems in Florida. Talking with the director he didn't know all the uses of these birds that there is a million dollar market in eggs let alone the market for the meat. Also there is a large following of people that raise show Muscovies. He is wanting to change the rules  to accomidate for agricultural purposes. Please contact him with your suggestions.

US Fish & Wildlife
50CFR Part 21
Docket Number FWS-R9-MB-2007-0017;91200-1231-9BPP

Migratory Bird Permist: Control of Muscovy Ducks, Revisions to the WaterfowlPermit Exceptions and Waterfowl Sale and Disposal Permits Regulations

Contact Dr. George Allen,
Division of Migratory Bird Management
US Fish and Wildlife Service
ph. 703-358-1825
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »