Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:37:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Generally Asked Questions
| | |-+  transport cages for quail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: transport cages for quail  (Read 11810 times)
canderson

« on: October 11, 2009, 05:23:04 PM »

c110         I would like to know about plastic or wire transport cages for adult quail to be released for quail hunts. How many should I put to a cage. Are there any better cages than others? Thanks for you info
lamike
Expert Member

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »

Im not real sure what your wanting to know (transport too/transport and release prior or transport and just let them out) ?
I have a 2x2x2 cage I transport quail in too release and i have put as many as 30 in there but wasnt traveling but 10 minutes or so
Whatever you do i would cover the entire cage to keep them calm until release

If it aint broke don't try to fix it
canderson

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »

I am interested in the method of transporting my flight ready quail from the flight pen to the pasture for release. I built a trap for my flight pen,however I have never transported them to the ranch for release.
Just wanted to get it right the first time. Thanks
Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 09:21:02 PM »

This is what we use and we put 25 birds per unit and never had a problem!  If there going to be in there a while we punch a head of lettuce and fill with water.  We then open the top door and place there, they will eat and drink from it.

http://www.kuhlcorp.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51J7954399&rnd=3689739&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=COOP-6-Q&cat=poultry-coops&catstr=HOME:poultry:poultry-coops

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
blue quail farms

its all food for thought

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 08:59:39 PM »

We used to put wire faces on plastic milk crates .each crate held 4-5 birds for short runs .worked good for tourist hunts easy controlled release.

Farm for our future.Respect is earned not promised.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »