Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  hatching chicks and drafts in the incubator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hatching chicks and drafts in the incubator  (Read 3909 times)
randyMT
« on: May 02, 2004, 12:16:40 PM »

Got a question from all you experienced people here.  I have about 100 or so coturnix eggs that are due to hatch later this week.  I have to move the eggs from the incubation trays to the hatching trays on Wednesday.  My question is; is the air movement (which is substantial) inside the icubator going to affect the hatching chicks?  I know they are really sensitive to drafts, but is it a draft if the air is the same temp and humidity?  I have to keep the incubator going because I'll have other eggs in it that are a week behind the first batch, so I cant turn off the motor for the air wheel.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA, Randy
MaDHaTTer
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 02:32:54 PM »

I use the GQF incubator and the GQF hatcher > But I would think that the only problem you would have is the humidity it should be higher for hatching. as far as the draft !! your going to have air movement to dry your chicks off any how and the air should be around 100 I would think that would not hurt your birds !
Good Luck
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 11:23:05 PM »

Make sure your humidity is up to 80 % & you'll be fine !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »