Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  rutrobubba
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: rutrobubba  (Read 5374 times)
Enbawe Cortunix Quail

« on: June 24, 2009, 08:35:18 PM »

Eggs were packed very well, ordered 50 had way more then that, about 4 were cracked, but there was like 5 screw drivers in the box with the eggs? Thought that was strange but I'm guessing they were good luck charms.  s020

Would like to say these eggs are H-U-G-E I'll tell you guys in a couple weeks just how fertile they are when God willing they hatch.

Good Enough Never Is
rutrobubba

When guns are outlawed ONLY outlaws will have guns

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:03:37 AM »

s176
I must have had a light headed spell, like when I got married the third time.  This ole country boy apologizes for the broken eggs, I always send plenty of extras TG.....................and I have no idea how the screw drivers got in there. dh1  Let us know how the hatch comes out, I've been getting anywhere from 75  to 90% hatch rate and have had power outages for varying periods of time late in the last several hatches.
sdaddy68

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:31:10 AM »

What kind of eggs do you have?  HOw much are your eggs? Do you have any more?
rutrobubba

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »

Actually I figured out that the "lucky screwdrivers" were 1 inch wood screws that were in the bottom of the box.  JUMBO BROWN COTURNIX eggs, $3.50 a dozen - 2 dozen minimum order plus shipping and handling of course.  Available most anytime. ty2
PM me for paypal info if you are interested.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:56:10 AM by rutrobubba » Logged
Enbawe Cortunix Quail

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:52:58 AM »

Day 18 no signs of anything, no wobbling :(

They were wobbling on day 14 but not since, worst thing thats happened this whole incubation period was temp hit about 106 for 4 hours in the beginning and humidity hit 85% on day 15.   I thought I would have a really good hatch rate but right now its looking like a 0% hatch rate. I'm really bummed out about it. :(

Good Enough Never Is
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »

crack one open and see whats going on inside

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
Enbawe Cortunix Quail

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 03:05:58 PM »

yea this is a 0% hatch rate ill open em up on friday to see what happened.... rutrobubba have any of your other customers have this happen to them lately?

Good Enough Never Is
rutrobubba

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »

The worst that any of my customers have reported was more than 60% hatch rate.  If they were shaking on day 14 the 85% humidity might have been a "little high?" 
Enbawe Cortunix Quail

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 12:43:01 PM »

Opened half of them up they were fertile thats for sure, but most of them died early on like under a week old only had one fully developed chick and I think it was the egg that I saw rocking, I'm blaming it n my incubator but I ordered a new one, I'll open up the rest tomorrow.

Good Enough Never Is
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »