Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Christmas Menu.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas Menu.....  (Read 51161 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« on: December 13, 2008, 07:12:42 PM »

Hey Guys,
3 weeks ago was Thanksgiving, now its time for the big holiday, does anybody know what their making during the christmas/holiday season or on Christmas ?  I started figuring out some of the things i wanted to make for Christmas the Monday after thanksgiving.  Today i just made this Italian cake called Pandoro (if anybody was interested in knowing what its called) its very labor-intensive it takes a total of about 8 to 9 hours devoted to rising the dough.  But this long amount of time gives the dough a great fuller flavor and i personally think its worth it. A lot of time and patience is needed for Pandoro.  I have other things I'll be making as well, i like making Christmas foods during December not just on Christmas day then thats it till next Christmas. 

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 07:52:08 PM »

Going to keep it simple....a can of Campbell soup.
May get real fancy and have a few crackers with it !
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:38:06 PM »

I was hoping to have a "Crave Case" (30) of sliders from White Castles.  Crackers would put me over budget.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »

I was hoping to have a "Crave Case" (30) of sliders from White Castles.  Crackers would put me over budget.

Hold them over a barrel of burning kitchen chairs and they'll have a nice smoke flavor !
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »

I am going to Big Mac`s and get 40 ketchup packs and come home and add some water to it...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:44:45 AM »

ketchup ...... and add some water to it...

Used to do that all the time when I was a kid with homemade ketchup that was put in re-used pop bottles.

Hold them over a barrel of burning kitchen chairs and they'll have a nice smoke flavor !

LOL! Don't be giving birdlover any ideas to use out on the deck, might catch fire and kill all the birds!

If I can hold out a couple months, my new maid will be cooking with our free GI solar powered, wind drivin' hydrogen oxidizing cooker that Hussein promised...............although I probably won't qualify for a number of given reasons.    s16
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:29:17 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 01:19:30 AM »

It used to make a great HOT drink in a tin cup on a river bank catfishing at night when I was growing up...

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 06:05:19 AM »

No idea  s47 maybe Venison burgers and Van Camp Bake Beans.  j45

Sure beats the hell out of what CharlieHorse was hoping for. j45

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 12:31:51 PM »

you guys might need some help with your menu, i think you guys deserve a nice array of good things for x-mas.  Make a nice gingerbread house or the cookies, theirs lots of things you can make. 

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »

you guys might need some help with your menu, i think you guys deserve a nice array of good things for x-mas.  Make a nice gingerbread house or the cookies, theirs lots of things you can make. 

Birdlover,

You know my address, send them to me  j2 and not the recipe..... j1

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 02:31:36 PM »

Quote from: birddude17almost 19
Make a nice gingerbread house or the cookies, theirs lots of things you can make. 

No time to hang out in the house for that kind of stuff.   Have to work to pay taxes and keep house warm, pay utilities, mortgage, grass mowed, autos moving, tend to animals, kids fed,................................................

^-^

mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »

venison and quail. got some noodles on the shelf too. j1

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »

Birdlover,

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Actually steve i dont have your address  s020  yeah i can you send some stuff what do you want? I'll be happy to share and with anyone else too.

cv
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »

Birdlover,

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Actually steve i dont have your address  s020  yeah i can you send some stuff what do you want? I'll be happy to share and with anyone else too.

That sounds great !!! What a good guy, Will you post a menu Birdlover17 ? 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 04:59:15 PM by cv » Logged
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »

Hi cv,

sure i'll post up a menu for you to see, no problem.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »