Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:28:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  Saleing Flight Conditioned Bobwhites
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saleing Flight Conditioned Bobwhites  (Read 3870 times)
Dave

« on: April 14, 2008, 12:12:46 AM »

Greetings All,

My first batch of birds are in the brooder and as of yesterday had hit the 3 week old time frame.  My question to the forum, at what time are the birds saleable? 

Now I realize that birds can be sold at any point in time but if one is selling 'flight conditioned' birds - does that mean a full 10 weeks in the flight pen or some other lesser number of weeks?

My goal when I started my first batch was not to enter into a commercial enterprise per se but it seems as word gets out that I have quail, I'm getting a lot of people at my door asking to buy them! 

So if I do sale birds I want to make sure that my 'product' is superior to everything else that is out there but at the same time I realize that a 10 week old bird sold at a 16 week old price is helping daddy buy a new pair of shoes much quicker then a 16 week old bird sold at a 16 week old price!

Did I just answer my own question?  Right now I've gotten requests from guys looking for birds to  train dogs on as well as guys looking to stock some acres with 'wild' birds when hunting season rolls around.  I just don't want to cut my legs off by selling birds to soon.  And since I don't have a clue what to soon is...

Again, I wish to thank all those respondents up front for your time!

Regards,

Dave
quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »

Flight conditioned is 16 weeks everything less than that should be sold accordingly as started birds. If someone would sell birds at 10 weeks and say they are 16 weeks the person that buys them should be able to tell that its pretty much younger than 16 weeks.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Quality bobwhite quail, chukar partridge and pheasants (started and mature.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »