Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:12:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Quail Eggs Wanted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quail Eggs Wanted  (Read 4461 times)
trvsstinnett

« on: July 01, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »

I am looking for some fertile quail eggs at a reasonable price for me and my kids to hatch and raise some quail.  We are looking for any and all breeds of quail.  You can email me info at trvsstinnett@yahoo.com Thanks you and God Bless.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:37:22 AM »

Where are you?  Check state, and local laws.  Do you have your brooder set up, heat checked?  Grow-out, and final living pens constructed?  You may need all this n place BEFORE you have the Game Warden out to OK your permit.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
trvsstinnett

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:23:28 PM »

I do have everything in place.  I have incubators and brooder and everything ready.  I have raised quail before so Im just trying to get going again.
bobhunter

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »

Do you think you are really set up and ready to handle eggs and eventually chicks and grown birds of "any and all breeds of quail" as you said? Or, do you have some particular ones that you might favor for your project. Seems like you might want to start out on a smaller scale. Just a thought...
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »

bobhunter...?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »

You might try NAGA web site, if you don't get a response, here.  I'm guessing you want 100, or less.  Which did you raise, before?  Do you want to try something different, this time?

p.s., what slider done said

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 10:45:53 PM »

Wilder, I just thought it kinda odd that the guy is asking to buy a few quail eggs and everybody is giving him the 3rd degree and all of this advice that he did not ask for... s020 s020 s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
greyghost
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »

Hey BH, how many? I have Jumbo Coturnix.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 01:47:40 PM »

p.s., what slider done said

Actually, this was kind of agreeing with you.  He had already answered, saying he had raised quail, before.  The reason I asked, was it seemed kind of like someone who wants to buy their kids Easter Chicks.  Pretty generic request "any an all kinds".  Good intentions, though, wanting to teach his kids something about the real world, rather than video games, internet, and TV.   I think there have been quite a few people who once knew someone who raised quail (Coturnix) and didn't need any stinking permits.  Then they buy some chicks, or eggs, and suddenly are in illegal possession of Bobwhites.

Some guys up here just sell to anyone, then they're on their own.

greyghost
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »

Sorry Bobhunter, I meant TRV. AlsoTRV, or anyone else interested, my Ill.DNR 762  Class B Gamebird Breeders liscence # 751-805-722. Thanks.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 11:36:05 PM »

Wilder you are just much more helpful than I am.. s020

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 01:11:13 AM »

I think that varies a lot with attitude, time of day, and schedule.  (With both of us).  In a case like this, I'd hate to just say, "Jimmie Joe" at Meeker's has them.  And get a post in 22 days asking what kind of box he needs to put them in.   Or that the neighbors complained about the early morning Quail calls from his garage, and he got a $200 ticket, and lost his birds.

Obviously this fellow knew better, but the next one won't.

Totally off topic that was already off topic, but, do you know of a chicken stew type dish called "Shew Crow"  or "Shoe crow", or similar?  Couple of Coona**es were cooking a batch, in their camper, while Quail hunting in Kansas, some 20 years ago when I met them, from Monroe, actually.  Smelled great, but all I got to taste was a little slaw.

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 10:45:40 AM »

Well you know how those Coonys are...cooking a good stew and give the guest cold slaw.. s020 I was raised in Monroe and live pretty close to there now. I have never heard of it but it sounds real good so I will do some research on it..If it is out there I know a couple of guys that will know about it..I will get back to you...

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »

Well you know how those Coonys are...cooking a good stew and give the guest cold slaw.. s020 I was raised in Monroe and live pretty close to there now. I have never heard of it but it sounds real good so I will do some research on it..If it is out there I know a couple of guys that will know about it..I will get back to you...

Well, I was deer hunting, and about 75 miles from home, they had just gotten the pot boiling good, and I couldn't stay.  Ingredients (other than the chicken thighs) reminded me a little of menudo, chili powder, or paprika, onions, green onions.  Very likely a French name, as they rolled the "Rs".  Possible one word "Shucarrrrroe"?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »