Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:05:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Where do i place the thermometer in the incubator?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do i place the thermometer in the incubator?  (Read 2438 times)
ChrisCarreiro

« on: May 07, 2006, 11:53:59 PM »

The directions say to place the thermometer on top of the eggs well the eggs are surpose to hatch today so logically i figured i should probly lay the thermometer on the side of the eggs so that it would not get in the way of the hatching proccess or am i surpose to leave it on top of the eggs to regulate the temperature? (I am using the Chick-Bator/ Mini Dome Incubator)

Chris Carreiro
Swansea,MA
JohnInDixon
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:51:19 AM »

I think by now your temps/humidity should be steady and really not a lot of adjusting anymore.  Remember to leave them alone when they hatch as they'll be wet. Don't submit to the temptation to open the hatcher until they're dry.

How many eggs are we watching?  G'luck! John
ChrisCarreiro

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:36:06 AM »

I am only watching 4 eggs, The Chick-Bator comes with 4 eggs.  I have a 2 liter bottle cap with water in it, to maintain the humidity, should i take that out  today because the chicks are surpose to hatch today or tommorow, and i dont want it to be a hazard (drowning etc.)?

Chris

Chris Carreiro
Swansea,MA
JohnInDixon
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:47:59 AM »

I'd switch it for a piece of damp sponge; provide the humidity and a safety feature too...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »