Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:01:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  help please
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help please  (Read 2914 times)
luke

Personal Text

« on: March 15, 2010, 12:41:57 AM »

i have a high hatch incubator like the ones they sell at mcmurry hatchery.  it has been modified with a full view front door and a humidity switch that will trigger a humidifier to come on.

my question is ( after a lil reading and research ) at what level of humidity do i try and achieve.

i have a cpl therms and one digital therm and barometer ( combo )

I'm reading that i need 99.5 temp and 60 % humidity.  am i allowed much tolerance and if so how much ?   if i read my therm / barometer digital combo will that be accurate enough ?
TENNESSERED

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 12:15:30 PM »

Hello Luke,
    It really depends on what type of eggs you are trying to hatch.  Most gamebird eggs do better if your humidity is a bit less than that.  In my Dickey incubator I tried to keep the humidity about 53 to 55 per cent.   Then the last few days before they hatch, I will increase it to about 58 to 60 per cent.  The exception to this are button quail.  I have found that they require more humidity while hatching, because they tend to get stuck in the shell much more quickly than other quail.  I will have the humidity at 65 to 70 per cent for them during the hatch.  They are wet when they hatch, but they dry off in minutes in the brooder.  Water fowl also required a lot more humidity.  Again, depending on the species.  Good luck hope you get some great hatches.
bucking-horse

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 05:29:30 PM »

I think the tenn.man led you wright.
                                                   Chris in southwest Ga

chris williams
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »