Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  predator-traps going out tonight (caught it)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: predator-traps going out tonight (caught it)  (Read 21037 times)
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »

To give him the benefit of a doubt, I assume that is what he is doing and the point is a good one.  In dealing with gamebirds and the wide variety of laws across the 50 states, we have to help each other to keep us all out of trouble.  However his writing style tends to be confrontational and accusatory.

That being said, we all appreciate the information and experience he brings to this forum.  Thanks PH.
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 04:19:34 PM »

good grief.. here we go again

Maybe a little clarification:

I was referring to the seemingly never ending feud between 14yrold and PH. Not to PH advice/referral to the fact of knowing your state laws, as that was good and I believe well intended advice.  It just gets old to see the conflicts/flaming that has been going on with a few people as of late.

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2006, 05:15:13 PM »

I was referring to the seemingly never ending feud between 14yrold and PH. Not to PH advice/referral to the fact of knowing your state laws, as that was good and I believe well intended advice.  It just gets old to see the conflicts/flaming that has been going on with a few people as of late.

Sorry, Mag.    I was meaning to agree with you and to try to clear things up a bit for others. Although I do believe PH got a raw deal here.

Thanks a bunch, I'll be up your way again in the spring, I go to Lansing for the Michigan Buggy Show every year

Thanks!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »

Sorry, Mag.    I was meaning to agree with you and to try to clear things up a bit for others. Although I do believe PH got a raw deal here.

Thanks a bunch, I'll be up your way again in the spring, I go to Lansing for the Michigan Buggy Show every year

Thanks!!

You were pretty much on target. I think some of Steves comments, whether intended or not, seem to come off as confrontational. But with that being said, I find about 95% fault with 14yrold as he has not learned yet that to access grown up knowledge and respect, it requires you to act like a grown up, and give respect. It happens on all the boards out there. Someone acts like a jackass, and it brings everyone down in the process. In the end, he will be ignored or banned, and then people will realize it just isn't worth all the drama in the first place. And everyone will act like adults again.....

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2006, 09:38:42 PM »

I think I should clear up a little confusion. I was not intending to insult/flame/blame Steve for any of the problems here as of late. My opinion is that the fault rests fully in the lap of 14yrold. The posts of this individual have gone from average to bad to good to worse. The blatant disrespect to everyone on this forum by this individual is uncalled for. We all have disagreements, and all have the unfortunate abiltity to read into a post more than it intended purpose and or meaning. But the actions by 14yrold I feel need addressing. Personally, I would've banned him a long time ago. But, I was young once, and didn't always respect people as I should have, so I can see how the mods might not want to go to any extremes unless necessary.

Either way, thankfully it's not my decision to make on this young person. Hopefully he/she will grow up and act like a big boy.

As for Steve. I apologize for not explaining myself better, and I hope the PM I sent clears things up better. I didn't realize "SOMEONE" called the DNR on you, and don't blame you for being defensive, or upset. I hope we're cool now.

Anyway. I hope everyone has a safe holiday.

Take care!

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 11:23:20 PM »

I think I should clear up a little confusion. I was not intending to insult/flame/blame Steve for any of the problems here as of late. My opinion is that the fault rests fully in the lap of 14yrold. The posts of this individual have gone from average to bad to good to worse. The blatant disrespect to everyone on this forum by this individual is uncalled for. We all have disagreements, and all have the unfortunate abiltity to read into a post more than it intended purpose and or meaning. But the actions by 14yrold I feel need addressing. Personally, I would've banned him a long time ago. But, I was young once, and didn't always respect people as I should have, so I can see how the mods might not want to go to any extremes unless necessary.

Either way, thankfully it's not my decision to make on this young person. Hopefully he/she will grow up and act like a big boy.

As for Steve. I apologize for not explaining myself better, and I hope the PM I sent clears things up better. I didn't realize "SOMEONE" called the DNR on you, and don't blame you for being defensive, or upset. I hope we're cool now.

Anyway. I hope everyone has a safe holiday.

Take care!

Chris

Likewise.

:laugh:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »