Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:56:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  1st A&M HATCH of March 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1st A&M HATCH of March 2010  (Read 2834 times)
dan

« on: March 18, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »

I had 120 texas A&M quail eggs in the bator. they pipped tues started comming out yesterday & are still slowly hatching. I will have 100+ baby quail when its over. great hatch for this time of year I think... Hope the all live.. thats the hard part keeping quail alive... what do you think of 100 + out of setting 120??
I hope to only loose maybe 5 due to just being birds, non fertile eggs ect & maybe 5 just because ... hopefully
 Dan
greyghost
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:59:37 PM »

Dan, if you were shipped eggs that is a great hatch. If they were laid on your property it still is a good hatch. Damn! Why don't I get that good? Dan, you bragger! LOL! Ghost.
dan

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »

Dan, if you were shipped eggs that is a great hatch. If they were laid on your property it still is a good hatch. Damn! Why don't I get that good? Dan, you bragger! LOL! Ghost.
thats the best I have ever done, 104 total 1 hab bobble foot & that was taken care of 1 got smothered . So 102. That beats all for me.
 I got them off ebay. it was a seller called NOW GET THIS---  i6
madam_ pleasure
 lol2
QUAIL

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »

Great hatch Dan i wish i had that kind of luck. Bought eggs off ebay before and only had 1 hatch. s98
wpalmisano

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 11:14:13 AM »

Recently bought 8 game fowl eggs on ebay to hopefully get some broody hens, 9 were sent but one was broken. Sweated over them for 24 days ( 21 day incubation period ) with an auto turner and perfect temp. and humidity. None hatched. Not one. Morale is low. Seller refunded egg price ( 7.00 ) but I was out the 11.99 postage. Think I'll go back to day old chicks. : (

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »