Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:46:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Butler Bobwhite
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Butler Bobwhite  (Read 36383 times)
bobhunter

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 10:31:46 PM »

Butler's do seem to be the largest of the bobs--probably too slow for a challenging hunt. Better for the table.
rymanman

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 11:12:05 PM »

I would be careful where you buy ,I have been raising quail for many years and a lot people tend to sell Butler eggs for more money and you are really only getting Northerns or maybe jumbos!...People claim to have Butlers get as big as 16-18 oz out of all the Butlers I have ordered which has been many..None ever even got that close maybe jumbo size!...Sometime I wonder if people are just making these names as they go...Of course my own thoughts!
rymanman

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 11:27:07 PM »

pic of some quail....
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 05:35:24 AM »

Hello All, with me having both of the strains the others should start laying at anytime. I've had lights on them for 3 weeks or so now. I'm gonna set the majority of the eggs I'm getting from the 1st strain to get some more for future breeders.  I'm thinking about taking the extra males from the other strain(ozarks) and mix the 2 bloodlines I've got or should I wait and  get a few chicks from the 1st strain? I've gotten rid of most of my Georgia Giants except about 5 pair and these are wadleys birds not quite as big as the butlers. Should I keep the 2 strains of butlers apart til I get a few other people some of the 2 strains? The other strain are from Bruces(Elbert on ebays) birds. His butlers are very large also. I should have put the 2nd strain in my breeder house months ago. I been so busy around here didn't notice the ages of them or my blue scales either I finally put them in my breeder house too. I'll hold off til I know what to do just yet cuz I'm not gonna keep very many of the butlers so CHUCK(Ozark wings) give me your idea what I should do. Should I keep them seperate and get you some of the eggs from them or what? Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy editededed.................
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 11:45:49 PM by TLsgamebirdfarm » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 10:36:42 AM »

CHUCK give me your idea what I should do keep them seperate

I'm not Chuck, but if I were you I'd use the odd period. Maybe the odd cap when starting a new sentence.

i9
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 11:31:54 AM »

No sleep and new Meds. Wait a few days until he reads it himself. :grin:

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »

I thought that it was just me after two long days, I was getting dizzy reading it.

Tommy, punctuate ! Use sentences ! 

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2008, 11:28:09 PM »

WOW, the pharmacy gave me the wrong med dose twice as strong as I was supposed to get............ and........ I fix it lol..... still not slept.sorry for the confusion.I knew sumpin was up not suppose to feel that way.Tommy
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »

tommy;
I knew something was wrong, I'd change druggists. Next time they make that kind of mistake, could be your last!

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 02:08:20 PM »

Hello All, I got 6 hours of sleep so 12 in 3 dayslol. I got $ back and meds free. I'm gonna live to be 99 years old to make up for the years of drinking. GOD would catch me eating all of his birds. I'm gonna spread a few of the butler eggs around so maybe we can get the "true" butlers up and going strong. I don't think I'll ever eat any of them I'm really happy with my XLD1's(jumbo browns) BIG BIRDS. I don't care for the bobwhites for eating any more at all I've not found good feed here in this town I've been giving all my birds 28% gamebird crumbles($11.65 a bag) from Byrant grain co. here in Tx. great feed I guess thats why I'm getting such big eggs from all my birds and I add the oyster shell weekly in their feed and have been told to mix 2:1 with hen scratch I've mixed the feed the other day all of my breeders seem to love it that way. Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2008, 12:08:55 AM »

tommy---

i am still interested in a dozen or so to keep the mixes up.  thanks.
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 06:00:25 PM »

Well, I can send some your way my Ozark butlers have been laying for a week now I'm setting them all for the next 3 weeks not just for fertility but hatchablilty rate to see how strong they are. I've got some more Butler hens the other day and I'm using the extra roo's from Ozarks to go with my butler hens I just got. email me to TLsgamebirdfarm@yahoo.com or call to set it up. I'm not listing anymore butlers  for a good while. tommy
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »

Well, I can send some your way my Ozark butlers

Is that a new strain of Butlers cause I live in the Ozarks. And I have been asking some of the different Quail breeders about them here locally. Most of the guys said they didn't know since they only raise flight birds.  I did find out that some of the Butlers that Ozark Wings has came from the same person I got my start from. And she got hers from Bear Bayou Quail Farm. After all that said I don't want you to think that I'm a SMART A** because if there is a new strain I would like some. For I'm all ways looking for new bloodlines to mix in.

Brent

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 09:50:15 AM »

Hello Brent, I'm talking about Ozark wings bird farm I got this strain from. I've got some hens from my 1st strain also and are mixing Ozarks Roo's with them. They both are big birds I'm very pleased with them both. I'm letting my buddies take my 1st strain back with them to Ar. this weekend and just so happening their really laying well this past week or so. 333_okh email me and I see what I can do. Brent no problem with being a smart A** I'd rather be one than a dumb A** any day so it all be's good. Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 10:50:20 PM »

Tommy I thought that might be what you mint. Yes they are big birds and the lady that started everyone up here got them from Bear Bayou. They are good ones though.

Brent

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »