Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:44:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Knock Knock
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knock Knock  (Read 89193 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 11:35:27 AM »

She wants huge up-grades to the house & at least one deck. Also glass doors on the back. Starting on that next summer.
Also back yard fenced.

I thought that you had plans on moving back to your original providence, BC or was it Alberta?

Steve

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »

I love BC.....she hate moving.....so I'll have to pack  :grin:
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2012, 08:15:53 AM »

One hen Peacock chick had an eye poked out. Got infected. Put her down yesterday.
Never gets any easier, does it !

New truck going together slowly. Took the back seat out of this one for more cargo space. Built a platform to stack junk on !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2012, 07:17:03 AM »

I love BC.....she hate moving.....so I'll have to pack  :grin:

Okay so your home now is in Alberta now right?

So you ordered the new truck? Are you trading in the old or selling it yourself?

This bird thing never gets eaiser. If it isn't one thing it's another. I have 4 Juvie Great Horned Owls that are now wacking my birds. I have lost 15 RNC so far this month. The summer I get the Redtailed Hawks, and in Feb I have the problem with the mink.

Steve

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2012, 09:40:05 AM »

Home is AB. Going to be years before I'll get back to BC.

Traded the old. No one wants a broken down 6LT. They can be picked up for under 10k in good working order.
I've already started putting parts off the old truck on the new. Headache rack, fuel tank.
Removed the back seat(s) & built a plywood base so I have more room for "stuff".
Dash is much different on the new. Not sure where I'll put the 2-way yet.

Don't know who is the cab designer for Ford, but they should be canned. How & why would they make the space where you have to sit, narower ? The 07 was bad as well. Bad seats in that one.
Feel cramped in the new one.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »

Post a picture of the new beast!

Did you get the extended warranty?

Steve

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 08:24:26 AM »

With my luck on new trucks......yes, I got extended warranty. It's been my finding that right after "normal" warranty, things start going wrong.

After working on the truck till dark last night, I was in the shop having a "soda" & reading the manual.
Ya, I know, real men don't do that ! LOL !

Found things I didn't know (or was told about).

Like back in the old days, if your back tires were spinning, you just lifted your right foot.
Don't have to even think about it now, as the computer will do all the thinking. It takes control of the engine, diff & brakes for you   s20

or

Like back in the old days, Ford trucks came with a Locker (diff). Not anymore !
Nope, you now have to pull the 4x4 button out & it will only work at low speeds......

but wait !

You also have to push a button to shut the traction control off, so you can actually spin tires !
In the old days , if I wanted to spin tires , I just pushed down with my right foot.

So, I not longer have to think about driving. Computer will do all that hard work for me !  dh1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 08:52:21 AM »

Figures....type another long post & computer freezes up. Re-start & typing gone !

Will take pictures today.....need them in case some crack head steals it.

I wanted to have the back rack re-powder coated. Guy was out of sand for blasting though. Will do next spring break.

I also want a new fuel tank built. This time with 2-3 baffles.
It's too much fun having 800-900 lbs of fuel sloshing back & forth on ice & snow pack corners !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 07:01:32 AM »

Hey Reeves, don't forget about the black box the new vehicles come with.

Steve

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »

Ya....read about that in the manual today. Says it will record even my thoughts !  :angel:
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »

Black Box...?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 06:05:23 AM »

Black Box...?

Computer. Records everything you do with the truck.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2012, 05:09:04 AM »

exa  rls

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2012, 08:08:11 AM »

"They" put the crew on stand-by today (at $400.00 day for me  :grin: ) so it sort of re-sets us, so we can work farther into Dec.
ie: about the 18th, rather than 12th

So will take pics of truck today. Been meaning to, but snowing each day has prevented me.

Cleaned the inside window yesterday. When I had 15 KM on the truck, a Transport headed the other way tossed a small rock & it hit on the pass side of the windshield. I could see a tiny chip. No cracks. But it has started to crack in two directions.
That didn't last long !  s47

Edit: No pics. Bottom half looks like an off white 2 tone.....salt/calcium. Not in the mood to wash. Maybe next May ?  s020
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:34:33 PM by Reeves » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2012, 04:22:19 PM »

Just for you Stevo !
-14c today & roads a mess. Washed anyway !
Still have to put running boards on. Also driving lights & real fog lights. Bought them.....may try & get them on this week end ?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »