Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:02:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  birdlover???????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: birdlover???????  (Read 26137 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: September 04, 2008, 03:18:45 PM »

Hey,

What happened to the pictures that you were going to post of your parents place??? Did you   Forget  or you didn't take any ???

How was the temps down there?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:47:45 AM »

Well?????????????????????

birdlover,

Have a safe trip!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Thanks!! Steve, I'll enjoy myself while I'm there.  I'll take some shots of my property and show you guys.
   j2
birdlover17

birdlover,

How big is your parents property?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Its pretty big, about an acre.  I'll show you what it looks like. 

Wow, that big!

Yep, it could be a little bigger maybe an acre and 1/2, thats why I'm thinking about raising birds there since I'll have plenty of room, but i wont be there all the time,its really more of a summer house for now (not completely done yet).  But i do have cousins who live across the house, maybe they wouldn't mind to feed the birds. I'm definitely going to plant crazy there, raising birds need more attendion than gardening does so.
 Alright guys, got to go to bed early tonight, wake up early to go to North Carolina tomorrow.  Going to JFK airport here in NY to Raleigh-Durham International Airport in NC.   p42 p42 :?: :?:   Hope the flight is good. Can't wait till tomorrow, words can't express how much i like and enjoy being in NC, it's my kinda world.
I'll be back Tuesday!!

birdlover17

Hey Guys!!

I'm back, i enjoyed myself while down there, it was just to short  s020   Wasn't too happy about leaving yesterday. 

birdlover

It is now 9/6/08, what did you do, take the pictures with 35mm film and awaiting for the film development? s020 or did you get sideTracked squashing grapes???

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »

Hey,

What happened to the pictures that you were going to post of your parents place??? Did you   Forget  or you didn't take any ???

How was the temps down there?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Hi Steve,
Yes i took pictures but when i got home that day for some reason the pictures didnt come up, but i have pictures of the place that i took last fall.
I might have to get another camera in the meantime.
The temps down there were pretty good in the mids 80s to 90s, was dry there also.
Enjoy the pics!

Do you like the House?, i picked the brick myself.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 06:06:55 PM »

......here's more.....

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 07:12:54 PM »

I'm Just axin' you.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »

I'm Just axin' you.
j41  wildergamebirds i almost spill grape juice all over my keyboard , thanks for that laugh  s020 s020

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:42:20 PM »

Figured you'd like that.  Bet your sister would love it, but beware, she will never forget it.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 04:29:12 AM »

Looks nice birdlover, is it within a homeowners assocoation?

Figured you'd like that.  Bet your sister would love it, but beware, she will never forget it.

That is the community Outhouse. What 'til you see the Community Shower s020

..........but back on a more serious note, is that going to be your parents retirement home?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »

..........but back on a more serious note, is that going to be your parents retirement home?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Thanks Steve, to be honest i have no idea what a homeowners association is.
Yes this house will be my parents retirement home, but for now a summer house. I like it a lot, my room is nice and big.

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »

Yes this house will be my parents retirement home, but for now a summer house. I like it a lot, my room is nice and big.

Won't be your room by the time they retire  i9

In fact, it's way past time for you to be out on your own now !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 06:16:12 AM »

birdlover,

From the way the property looks, to many trees and to much shade. You will have to do some more clearing for fields and flight pens, unless your parents have a deck of the back.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »

Looks like the type of place that will welcome many many gamebird pens around the place....tell your parents congrats on a nice retirement home...and it is time for you to be out on your own...you cant keep taging along forever let them retire in peace...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 01:31:51 PM »

birdlover,

From the way the property looks, to many trees and to much shade. You will have to do some more clearing for fields and flight pens, unless your parents have a deck of the back.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Yes there is a nice deck to the side of the house, and these are pictures of the house almost a year ago so now it looks a little different, the next time i go i'll be sure to take along a better camera, can't stand it when i shot some nice pictures only to come home with nothing.  This area in NC doesn't allow chickens or pigs, which are the only livestock not allowed. So i'm sure a couple licences or permits would be all that i need if any.

Reeves,
this house isn't just for my parents its for my family too, so there are plenty of rooms for everyone, later on down the road yes it will be their retirement home. But i got to say i love the quiet natural wild setting here, i never want to leave this place. 

slider,
yes hopefully plenty of birds, plenty of room so we'll see.  Yes they deserve a nice place, this house was built a little on the slow side but thats ok, i would rather have a house thats been  built right taking their time, then to build it in a rush. Even if i wont be in the same area, i wouldn't want to leave the South or NC.

Thanks guys!!

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 03:07:30 PM »

So who is maintaning the property when there is no one there? I am assuming this is a gated community as well, correct?

Steve
Pheasnat Hollow Farm

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 03:56:58 PM »

So who is maintaning the property when there is no one there? I am assuming this is a gated community as well, correct?

Steve
Pheasnat Hollow Farm

:grin:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »