Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:08:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Busy Busy !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Busy Busy !  (Read 8882 times)
frank_lap_127
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 04:41:01 PM »

Sometimes I'm thinking of the day I'll be a dad and that I'll get my kids around to who i'll try to give them my passion for birds and guitar! But I'm still quite young  s020

Frank
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 08:52:10 AM »

Up at 4AM yesterday, not back in till 9PM. Snack at 10PM and pass out !

Being sent up north on Tuesday.....want to get the shop done and 78 trees planted first !

Not taking more pictures....you all know what a building looks like with white vinyl on it ! Besides....the soffit and facia will not be done till I have more time and money !
Today I install the last new window. Tyvek (house wrap), trim and start with the vinyl.

I also have to tow the neighbor's tracktor over so I can till a couple areas for planting the 78 trees.

Weather is bad....T-storms : I have a good rain suit (only suit I own  :grin:)
frank_lap_127
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

s98

Have a nice day, even if rainy, I'm going to work outside too and it's also raining, probably I'll begin my new breeding aviaries.

Frank
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »

give them my passion for birds and guitar!

I can't help but feel sorry for them already, having everything taught to them the wrong way will cause them alot of hardships and anxiety.   s47

i9

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 07:28:31 AM »

:grin:
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 09:01:06 AM »

Some days I tend to feel like an ancestor on here, but its a reality shock to find out I'm older then Charlie's father.

Oh well, better then the alternative.

Life goes on.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »

::)

I should have been more clear........."I was building my house when my father was 65 (About 8 years ago), I would have been 34. I had some 25 year old guys from my work help set the trusses and different heavy tasks, to my amazement, they would whine and complain gasping for breath the whole time while my father would truck right past them".

My father passed away 2 years ago from lung cancer at the age of 71+.

:-|
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:19:45 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 08:31:11 AM »

Note to self : although one person can do the siding in wind and rain, it's no "fun".

Vinyl done ! New windows done ! New door done !
Next thing to do is install the new front light with motion sensor. (and find the front receptacle I covered  ::)  OK OK ! I was in a hurry and it was covered with Tyvek )
Now to save some cash for the next "phase". I have to remove the tin roofing. The builder didn't put anything under it. Plan is, to use on oposit sides so the screw holes will be in "new" wood and on a proper barrier.
Facia and soffit.
It'll look like a new building.....and will last as long as I'll need it !
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »

.....and will last as long as I'll need it !

s020

"Once you reach a certain age, those "Lifetime Warranties" don't seem to matter as much".

^-^

"Why pay the extra money for the 30 year shingles"? 

:grin:

Sounds as though you've been right at it.  It's nice to be able to do such things, keeps a fella such as yourself out of trouble, plus the woman is getting her place fixed up with the free labor.

Goat week for me.   j11

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 08:06:37 AM »

woman is getting her place fixed up with the free labor.

Told her as soon as the place is fixed up/finished I'm going to sell the place and move back to B.C.  :grin:
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »