Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:22:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Mini Dome Incubator / Chick-Bator HAS ANYONE USED THIS?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mini Dome Incubator / Chick-Bator HAS ANYONE USED THIS?  (Read 3587 times)
ChrisCarreiro

« on: April 26, 2006, 11:40:29 AM »

I just purchased and step the ChickBator, and was woundering if anyone had any successful hatches with it... I am looking for any information, however i have a couple questions in addition to any other information you could provide.

1.How often should i fill the bottom with water?
2. Is it ok to turn to the eggs more than once a day?
3. To spite small decreases and increases in temperature will the good fertile egg still hatch?
4. Does 103 degrees really kill the embryo?

Thanks alot!

Chris Carreiro
Swansea,MA
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:46:23 PM »

It is possible to have hatches with a ChickBator although hatch rate will not be as high. I've only used mines once on 8(if i recall) button quail eggs and none hatched. But then I had alot more eggs in my Homemade incubator and only 4 hatched so there is a question of "if the eggs were good in the first place."

1. You should always keep the bottum filled
2. Yes, turn the eggs atleast 3 times a day. I do mines at 12pm, 6pm, and 12am
3. Yes eggs will still hatch with little temp variations. It's best to try and keep it stable but I've seen ranges from 96 F to 106 F and still had hatches. Temp will be especially hard to keep stable with a ChickBator.
4. I know 103 is on the hot side but not sure if it'll kill an embryo completely. As I mentioned above, I've had temp ranges from 96 F to 106 F and still had hatches. You just have to keep a constant watch and adjust temp as needed.

In conclusion, you will get hatches as long as you monitor the temp and try to keep it at around 101 F. I would not recommend the ChickBator but instead I would just go and pay for a regular Hova-Bator or Lil Giant. ChickBators=$20~ or so and with another $20, you could get a Hova-Bator or Lil Giant still air. Since you already have the ChickBator, just give it your best and you'll do fine. Good luck.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »