Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:57:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Restocking Pheasant Hens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Restocking Pheasant Hens  (Read 1898 times)
Skipper1942

Personal Text

« on: December 29, 2009, 08:22:54 PM »

Although I consider myself an experienced pheasant hunter, I recently downed a pheasant hen. True sacrilege in the pheasant world!!
My mission is to learn about the challenges of replacing the bird, as well as the seven others downed in the area of Tulia, TX on the outfitter's fields.
Comments on the cost per bird, the number of birds required to replace a single bird, the attrition rate of hens placed in the wild and other relevant information regarding this restocking topic.
Comments are sincerely appreciated.
greyghost
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 07:52:13 PM »

Skipper, my first thought was to tell you to sell your shotgun. But, that would be rude, so I will suggest getting a cheap incubator. I recommend the GQF 1602 with auto turner only because that is what I use and they work! Now, buy 42 hatching eggs from someone here and hatch them. Keep the birds for 8 weeks, then release them. Have as little time with them as you can, you do not want the birds to think of you as momma. Read allot!

There are many folks here that will help you along. Also, the satisfaction of raising your own birds and restocking the land you hunt is immeasurable.
Best of luck, Ghost.  s016
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »