Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| | |-+  Hunting - Kansas or Nebraska
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hunting - Kansas or Nebraska  (Read 5975 times)
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« on: February 17, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »

Hey Guys - Just got back from Pheasant Fest and got bird fever!  I think I am going to plan a couple/few hunts this fall and am looking at Nebraska or Kansas.  Iw ould like to get on some pheasant and then some other species.  What areas have you guys hunted or what would you recommend.  Also, what do you guys do for dog protection (foot and snake)?  I have never been down there so any advice would be appreciated!

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
BuckShotMudder

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:08:50 PM »

Sounds like a blast!, but sorry, no advice from me.  Have a great time!     c110
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 03:28:13 PM »

I'm doing  quite a bit of traveling these days there isn't much time to hunt, however, I've seen pheasant in both states along the roadways in agricultural areas.. mainly corn. tho the Dakotas had the most. you may need to research areas you'd like to hunt in for public lands unless you know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody or have a membership at a club.. good luck, let us know how it turns out
edit: I've seen sevaral Mcfarlane delivery trucks in wisonson
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:38:12 PM by cv » Logged
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 08:39:34 AM »

Was looking to go somewhere that everyone doesn't go to and KA or NEB have full season licenses instead of just two 5 day hunts.  Would be able to try to get down there for an early hunt or two and then maybe a january hunt when the weather is crap up here.  MacFarlane has there main base down by Janesville, southern WI.  Went down there couple years ago to pick up eggs and they have some pretty nice and very expansive digs.  Guess thats why they are the world's largest.  Good people, the owner sat down with lil ole me for a half hour just answering any questions I had.  I thought that was very above and beyond considering I was just buying 1000 eggs.

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »