Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:50:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  Trade value?? Looking to trade quail for rabbits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trade value?? Looking to trade quail for rabbits  (Read 6234 times)
backyardquail

This place is going to the birds!

« on: July 16, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »

I am looking to trade some jumbo brown coturnix quail for a breeding pair of rabbits.  Any ideas on the trade value?  i.e. how many quail per bunny is reasonable?

Backyard Quail
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." - Victor Hugo
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »

Your quail are worth about 4$ ea. grown and a breeder New Zeland White meat rabbit is worth around 20$ ea. Young NZ weaning age are going for around 10$.. Now this is in my area of Louisiana..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
backyardquail

This place is going to the birds!

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »

The trade is complete.  I got a doe/buck both Giant Flemish/New Zealand mixes.  The doe is already breed (2nd litter) and due next week.  I traded 15 birds (50/50 male/female) so I think I did okay.  Birds go for around $2 and rabbits for around $8-10 here, so I trade $30 worth of birds for about $20 worth of rabbits, but I will count in the litter and call it a good deal.   dh1  Funny how we can rationalize in our own mind, aint it?

Backyard Quail
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." - Victor Hugo
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »

The trade is complete.  I got a doe/buck both Giant Flemish/New Zealand mixes.  The doe is already breed (2nd litter) and due next week.  I traded 15 birds (50/50 male/female) so I think I did okay.  Birds go for around $2 and rabbits for around $8-10 here, so I trade $30 worth of birds for about $20 worth of rabbits, but I will count in the litter and call it a good deal.   dh1  Funny how we can rationalize in our own mind, aint it?

Well that's pretty good. I guess you had one bird that went both ways  ck1

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »