Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Feed-Discussion pertaining to various types of feeds, brands, what to feed and when.
| | | |-+  Game Bird Feed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Bird Feed  (Read 4730 times)
mark

« on: February 23, 2008, 12:19:20 PM »

Can you guys supply me with a list of different Game Bird feed manufacturer. I have called the local feed store about Purina Game Bird and it was too high a price for what you get.

a 50 Lbs bag for $28.50.

Thanks,

Mark
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »

Try Blue Seal Feed, the prices are pretty good and they have excellent gamebird feeds.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:30:22 PM »

around my parts, we are at the mercy of whatever the Feed stores carry and they don't carry many.

Last one I was using was called "Ace." The starter is 28% protein. The developer/maintaner is like 24% protein.
Then recently, they started carrying another brand which I forget the name.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:49:45 AM »

a 50 Lbs bag for $28.50.

Thanks,

Mark

Did they at least kiss you first? 

I hope you got cab fare home when they finished!

That is over $1100 per ton.

I thought I had suggested MFA.  The best bet here (if you feed a lot) is ADM, who recently bought out Tindel.  The last quote I got for 20%, medicated was $384 ($9.60 per bag), but no telling what has happened in two weeks.  They do have floor-stock feeds in stores, but they are not cheaper than MFA.  MFA has a standard non-medicated starter for around $10-$11 per bag.  It is only 27%, but you can mix 1 scoop of soybean meal with 7 scoops 27% starter to up the protein to 30%.  This doesn't work well with medicated feeds, it cuts drug percentages too much.  Even with non-medicated, I would add vitamin/mineral mix to the feed, or water.

I don't remember exactly where you are, but there are several MFA stores in the Lake Ozark, Truman lake area.  I think the special mix I got from them was milled in Lebanon.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
mark

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »

a 50 Lbs bag for $28.50.

Thanks,

Mark

Did they at least kiss you first? 

I hope you got cab fare home when they finished!

That is over $1100 per ton.

I thought I had suggested MFA.  The best bet here (if you feed a lot) is ADM, who recently bought out Tindel.  The last quote I got for 20%, medicated was $384 ($9.60 per bag), but no telling what has happened in two weeks.  They do have floor-stock feeds in stores, but they are not cheaper than MFA.  MFA has a standard non-medicated starter for around $10-$11 per bag.  It is only 27%, but you can mix 1 scoop of soybean meal with 7 scoops 27% starter to up the protein to 30%.  This doesn't work well with medicated feeds, it cuts drug percentages too much.  Even with non-medicated, I would add vitamin/mineral mix to the feed, or water.

I don't remember exactly where you are, but there are several MFA stores in the Lake Ozark, Truman lake area.  I think the special mix I got from them was milled in Lebanon.

wildergamebirds,

I currently get my feed from MFA, but the near me does not carry the Purina Brand I called Ricketts Farm Service that does carry it and thats the price they gave. The MFA in Moberly does not have or heard of their branded Flight Conditioner Feed.

Mark
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 02:35:51 PM »

Do you have any Midland dealers in your area?

You might be looking at mixing your own or driving  a bit.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »