Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  crazy bird
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: crazy bird  (Read 2355 times)
joshblue

« on: November 24, 2005, 01:29:01 PM »

ok my quail has always like me never showed any signs o aggression but yesterday it ATTACKED me i opened its cage to change its water and it flew out and attacked me she pecked and scratched and went for my eyes it was CRAZY it finally calmed down and i went in there later and she ran up and hopped in my hand like nothing ever happened can ANYONE explain my birds behavior thanks     
                                        josh

email me at joshblue@bellsouth.net make sure you write "quail" in the re i usually dont check names i dont know
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 09:34:13 AM »

She have a nest going ? My Bobs would do the same when sitting on eggs. (both male and female)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 05:50:17 AM »

I have 8 Ring-necked hens that do the same think when they are sitting on eggs when I go in to feed and collect eggs during the season.

They act just like Geese, they puff up hiss and attack with wings, beeks and legs.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
quailer370
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 08:56:27 PM »

lol

my male coturnix does that whenever i open the cage during breeding season. (but deep down i know he still loves me.   :laugh:)  have you ever let her out of her cage and let her run around say, a bathroom or outside in a safe place? i dunno about nesting (isnt yours a little young for that?) but maybe she has some pent-up energy.  try a dust bath.

-quailer370

life's like a bucket of wood shavings, except when the shavings are in a pail...then life's like a PAIL of wood shavings :D
AZQuail
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 10:51:59 PM »

Our single female can be quite evil at times during her flight time.  Plenty of food is available so it seems to be a territorial thing.  She tends to be meaner to some than others.  Bare feet and baggy clothing send her into attack mode.  She recently pecked an earing right out of my ear and swallowed before I could react. Too shiny to resist. I'm not going to look for it now.  We deal with her attacks by not reacting (pushing her away) as that only makes her peck harder.  We scoop her up and put her back in her pen much like a kid in time out. Really has helped.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »