Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:13:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  predator-traps going out tonight (caught it)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: predator-traps going out tonight (caught it)  (Read 21000 times)
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 08:48:49 PM »

Yea I believe Pheasant Hollow Farm's first post was just fair warning to not incriminate yourself if you did not have the proper paper work. So there was no harm by it.

In fact i caught my little nephew by the quail pen using a Bear trap. ahahahahahhaahhahaha Now he has one less leg. Tell that to the authorities. ;)
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »

It seem that this thread has gone off topic. I will no long reply to 14yoquailfarmer posts.

Now back on topic.

What does your state require from you when you want to rid a predator problem?

In WV you need a permit. To get a permit you must show cause. They will more then likely tell you to get a licensed wild life control agent depending on the situation.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Michigan has this clause for the trapping and killing of problem critters such as raccoon, coyote, etc...

Taken directly from the MDNR website:

Raccoon may be hunted or trapped on private property by a property owner or designee at any time if they are doing or about to do damage on private property. A license or written permit is not needed.

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2006, 09:35:13 PM »

we are allowed ti kill animals like coon, skunk and possum without a permit. now for animals like bobcat, and bear I am sure you need a permit.

mike
JohnInDixon
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »

In fact i caught my little nephew by the quail pen using a Bear trap. ahahahahahhaahhahaha Now he has one less leg. Tell that to the authorities. ;)
In Missouri, nephews have to be 36" or larger... or else you have to throw them back.

John
14Yoquailfarmer
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 10:20:59 PM »

in missouri if there hurting your stuff the can trap them but if there not doing any harm you cant just place traps there sorry
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:03:52 AM by 14Yoquailfarmer » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 10:36:29 PM »

in missouri if there hurting your stuff the can hit the dirt but you can just place traps cause there

Huh ?

First, proof read what you have typed.
Second, think about what you have typed BEFORE you hit the post button.

Please......  :angel:
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

I'm confused too.

mike
14Yoquailfarmer
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 01:04:07 AM »

there i revised it
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 01:31:46 AM »

In Missouri, nephews have to be 36" or larger... or else you have to throw them back.

John
pheww..im ok then. hehehe ;)
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 06:17:28 AM »

in missouri if there hurting your stuff the can hit the dirt but you can just place traps cause there

Huh ?

I better not say anything :angel: :laugh:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 10:23:09 AM »

Huh ?

I better not say anything :angel: :laugh:               

LOL!    Likewise, I can feel it in the air.   Dejavu!

hay how about leaving me alone PH cause sounds like you have a problem with your man hood so you mess with kids over the internet how about shuting up  :laugh:

Unbelievable!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 07:34:27 PM »

AMAZING
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 09:09:03 AM »

this is mike's wife mary, ya i can hear what your all thinking already, lol but i tend to be on here alot on mike's user name. anyways we would NEVER trap or do anything to hurt an animal or be  illegal so lets get that straight. yes, here in pa it is legal to kill those predators and this is a link to the laws for that on the pgc site:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=478&q=151056#2121

my birds are our pets and sources of food and they are domesticated it is LEGAL here where we live in pa to trap and legally kill certain predators to protect our poultry and our birds and our property.

my birds are my babies even if they were adults they still could not very well protect themselves but they are not most are still chicks. i will not sit around waiting for them to be ripped to shreds like i have seen, or to again allow my kids to find them that way. i will not stand by and do nothing while they are riped to pieces while still alive and butchered to their deaths. if i do not protect them they will die they cannot protect themselves. you may say anything you want to about me or my hubby  for it i don't care i don't even know you so what you say really means nothing to either of us but it will not change the fact that we love our animals and i will do what i have to LEGALLY,lol to protect my family, my animals and my property. if it means building new pens or altering them, changing security features, trapping or whatever it will be done to protect them from the horror that awaits them as a slow butchering death.

just because someone says something does not mean they are doing it illegally or mean anything by it. by what you are saying it sounds as though you accuse alot of people of perhaps that very fact. things like that is what makes people start to wonder. if someone is stupid enough to do something illegal let alone to stupidly brag about it then they are stupid for doing so, they deserve to get caught and they deserve to suffer the penalty for it.

i have seen alot of you posts ph and i must say I'm ashamed you really should reread what you write before you hit the post button and stick your foot in your mouth!
mary

p.s. just so you know PH i am a trapper as well as mike and i KNOW MY PA LAWS!! oh and make sure you read the part about endangered species in the link for our laws are way different than yours are.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 12:00:32 PM »

this is mike's wife mary, ya i can hear what your all thinking already, lol but i tend to be on here alot on mike's user name. anyways we would NEVER trap or do anything to hurt an animal or be  illegal so lets get that straight. yes, here in pa it is legal to kill those predators and this is a link to the laws for that on the pgc site:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=478&q=151056#2121

my birds are our pets and sources of food and they are domesticated it is LEGAL here where we live in pa to trap and legally kill certain predators to protect our poultry and our birds and our property.

my birds are my babies even if they were adults they still could not very well protect themselves but they are not most are still chicks. i will not sit around waiting for them to be ripped to shreds like i have seen, or to again allow my kids to find them that way. i will not stand by and do nothing while they are riped to pieces while still alive and butchered to their deaths. if i do not protect them they will die they cannot protect themselves. you may say anything you want to about me or my hubby  for it i don't care i don't even know you so what you say really means nothing to either of us but it will not change the fact that we love our animals and i will do what i have to LEGALLY,lol to protect my family, my animals and my property. if it means building new pens or altering them, changing security features, trapping or whatever it will be done to protect them from the horror that awaits them as a slow butchering death.

just because someone says something does not mean they are doing it illegally or mean anything by it. by what you are saying it sounds as though you accuse alot of people of perhaps that very fact. things like that is what makes people start to wonder. if someone is stupid enough to do something illegal let alone to stupidly brag about it then they are stupid for doing so, they deserve to get caught and they deserve to suffer the penalty for it.

i have seen alot of you posts ph and i must say I'm ashamed you really should reread what you write before you hit the post button and stick your foot in your mouth!
mary

p.s. just so you know PH i am a trapper as well as mike and i KNOW MY PA LAWS!! oh and make sure you read the part about endangered species in the link for our laws are way different than yours are.

Quite frankly Mrs. pamike, I really couldn’t care less whether you do it legally or not. Posting about it and not stating your local laws or game laws invites Peta and some others to file a complaint against you.

I am glad to here that you at least have the knowledge to know your game laws in respect to predator reduction.

Oh and by the way, I am not ashamed of any of my posts or topics or to any replies.

Have a nice day!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm 

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 12:38:20 PM »

good grief.. here we go again

Maybe a little clarification:

From what I gather PH was simply trying to make everyone aware that if you have a predator problem, be sure to handle it legally, especially if you are telling the world about it in which I believe to be good information for those whom don't know or just never thought they could get into a legal issue simply by killing a nasty old pole cat. For those whom do know that they are within their legal right to dispatch a critter should move on to the next post or add their own experience or knowledge about their state, etc. He simply was stating this because someone had called the authorities and fed them full of lies about his methods, only to try to get him trouble because of a disagreement or whatever on this very forum. PH lives in WV. Believe it or not, WV has a law for everything under the sun, including mowing your grass. Therefore, I assume that he thought that most states would have some sort of restrictions pertaining to predators as does his state on everything. I do believe that he was simply trying to warn people of whom may be watching, etc. I do not believe that he was trying to belittle anyone.

Like I said before, forums take the personal touch out of conversation. Sometimes things are misunderstood or not taken the way they were intended. I'll shut up here......and let's please let this one ride into the archives.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »