Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:35:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Pen Ideas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pen Ideas  (Read 1718 times)
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« on: May 04, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »

I thought it would be good for new members to see what people build there pens out (wood-2x4-1x6/wire-1in.-2in/netting, etc..) and what they look like PICTURES. Also what people plant inside their pens (cedars, pines, bushes, etc...)

I think this would really help out new people, by being able to see what materials people use, what kind of plants to plant that do not harm the birds, and it would be fun to share some pictures so people can see what other peoples pens look like. I hope all of this makes sense.

I will start:

I sadly don't have a digital camera so I can't share any photos at this time. OK, 3 of my pens 1 that is12ft.x36ft. and 2 that are 6ft.x24ft. are made out of chain link fence with 1" chicken wire on the inside. The top of the first one has 2-6ft. wide 40ft. long pieces of 1" chicken wire weaved together with rope on the top and the 2-6ft.x24ft. pens have a piece of 6ft.x26ft. piece of 1” chicken wire just like the other pen and all of these pens tops are weaved to the  top of the chain link fence with wire and rope. My other pen is 12ft.x36ft. also but has a divider down the middle so it is 2-12ft.x18ft. the pen is made out of cedar posts with 1”x6” pieces of wood on top and bottom. The sides are 1” inch chicken wire and the roof is just like the other pens except the top is nailed to the 1”x6”.

I have some old doghouses as my shelters in some of my pens and some shelters I have built in the others. I have white cedar trees planted in all my pens because the birds don’t eat them and I have grass in my red golden pheasant pens.   

All of my pens have survived our Minnesota’s winters with flying colors :laugh:

Well all of you guys and gals don’t have to write as much as I did if you don’t want :angel:. I just thought it would be a good thing for people just getting back into this hobby would appreciated looking at people pens and knowing what they are made of.

Forrest
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »