Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:53:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Sorry im new
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorry im new  (Read 3534 times)
14Yoquailfarmer
« on: May 21, 2006, 11:49:44 PM »

Hellow Im 14 and getting in to this because its a cheap what to feed my raptor and make some money i need to know what i should use for my lights on the brooder and what waters and feeders to use
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 11:55:28 PM »

For the brooder lights you can go to wal-mart and buy a clamp light that has a metal dome, just use a 100 watt bulb. For the feeders and waterers toy can get the regular chick waterer and add marbles to keep the quail from drowning or you can order them from larry at www.redoakgamebirds.com He has all sorts of goodies for quail, I am gonna make an order as soon as I can get some exra cash together.

mike
14Yoquailfarmer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 12:12:44 AM »

ok now in to the subject of what incubator i should get i mean im looking at a hova bator for this year and getting a sports mens for next because i would like to go big not yet but soon if it works out wich hova bator should i get i want the atmatic turner for sure
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 12:23:11 AM »

I would definitely recommend the turner. I have 80 coturnix eggs in my hova-bator right now and turning them 4 times a day is really demanding. I mean picking up 80 eggs turning them and setting them down while being extremely gentile is very stressful for the few minutes it takes. not to mention waking up at 5 am to turn eggs, being home at 11 am and 5 pm to turn eggs and turning once more at 11 pm is a job in itself. I personally ordered a turner with quail racks and I am looking for another one for chicken eggs (If anyone wants to sell one let me know).

BTW, what kind of raptors do you have? I personally like ospreys, we have a few around my area and I saw one about a month ago out fishing.

mike
14Yoquailfarmer
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »

its not legal as a falconer to have an osprey i will hae my redtail hawk in sepberish
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 12:34:39 AM »

Redtails are a nice bird too. They had a program at the elementary school my kids go to on raptors. They brought in a redtail hawk, a barred own and a great horned owl. all had wing amputations as they are a rescue center.

mike
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 12:39:23 AM »

BYW, where are you from? maybe there is a hatchery nearby you could get some chicks to start with.

mike
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »