Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  California
| | | |-+  Bay Area
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bay Area  (Read 9622 times)
brian@devilsgulchranch.co
« on: February 11, 2007, 12:28:11 AM »

Is there anyone else from the Northren California? I am looking for a local source for A&M quail

brian
quailer370
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:25:02 PM »

WASSUP MY BAY AREA BRETHREN :D

*ahem* sorry.

as you may have noticed, the quail game is pretty thin around here...might be pretty hard to find a local source.

whereabouts are you?

--quailer

life's like a bucket of wood shavings, except when the shavings are in a pail...then life's like a PAIL of wood shavings :D
faro

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:20:31 PM »

Hi there, I'm a Nor. Cal. gal! Sorry but I don't have A&M's anymore. I had them 2 years ago, and I loved them....very tame....eggcellent layers....but no market for them, so I stuck with the Valley, Gamble's, Blue Scale, and Mountain that I currently raise.

What types do you have?  Any chickens?

Debbie
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 10:15:26 AM »

Hello to all three of you.  I am in Central Calif, near Yosemite.  No A&M's here, just bob's, Chukar and Pheasant.  Do any of you sell Mt Quail.  Looking for a few eggs.  Also, any of you ship out of state.  If so, I need some info regarding health cert's in Calif. 
Teresa

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
TopKnot

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »

Well, here's a fourth northern California game bird enthusiast located up in Redding.  I don't have A&M's either.  Try the following link:  http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/pdffiles/licensedgamebreeders.pdf.  You will need to call around to see what quail people have but you might get lucky, although I didn't see but a few breeders in the Bay Area, most are over in the valley.  I currently have just Gamble's (courtesy of Faro/Debbie) and will be adding some valley quail (again, from Debbie) and blue scales (from Barsetti Game Bird Farm down in Galt) this spring.  The Barsetti's have ringnecks, chukars, Tennessee reds, valley, Gamble's and scaled quail for sale.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:39:20 PM by TopKnot » Logged
quail man

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »

I guess im the fith poultry enthusiast. Im in Napa and im looking for some male and female california quail so if anyone selling some let me know.
JessBeePaws

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:11:11 AM »

#6 here! I have 1 little CA valley quail and a pair of bobwhites. I'm looking for a girlfriend for my valley quail actually. I'm in So. Cal though, in the san gabriel valley. Absolutely no other breeders for miles! The only breeders I know of are in San Diego. Where's the love for quail in cali?!

My posse: 1 Valley Quail & 2 Bobwhites.
jibrant

Personal Text

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »

I raise quails in Tracy Ca. if you guys need some BOB whites. let me know. i dont really have many but i can do maybe 4-5 birds each customer for like $2.00 a pop! Thanks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »