Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  lump on chest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: lump on chest  (Read 5039 times)
komori35
« on: April 21, 2004, 09:22:09 PM »

as i was saying before the forum changed...haha just kidding.  anyway, my female coturnix has a small, possibly cartilage growth on her chest, and id like to know if its going to cause her any pain...

photo up soon-when i figure out how!! darn jpeg!  :x

-komori
(who will be back up to her advanced member rank in no time!! heehee!)
jivo
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 08:56:40 AM »

komori35 -   is your quail still having trrouble with that lump? It could be a cist or an abseus (sp) if it feels close to the surface or just under the skin. If it was me I'd stick a needle in it and see if puss comes out  could be just infected feather. jivo
komori35
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:57:16 PM »

yeah, she's still got it...it really feels like a cartilage growth, though...it's not round under the surface, i think it's attached to something. there are no feathers near it, it sticks out from her front when she's walking around.

-komori
komori35
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 08:45:52 PM »

hmm...now that i look at her, she hasn't really got many feathers on her stomach.  im talking big bald patch here, from the lump thing down an inch or so. is this from her lying on wire or a cause of the ever-present lump? geez that thing bugs me.  she walks around and it sticks out like she's glued a pebble to her front... :( if i cant find out what it is i guess ill just wait for it to go away...

-komori
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »