Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:45:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Need Help!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Help!!!  (Read 2232 times)
Bobwhite quail24
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:54:02 PM »

Ok I got 50 tuxedo eggs from the mail today and got them in the incubator. The temp is ranging from 100-101.9 in a still air incubator, Humidity is at 52. Ok what day do I need to take them from the egg turner?If I calculated right it would be Feb. 4th. How does this sound and thanks for your time.

Bobwhite quail24
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 07:28:08 PM »

The temperature sounds close to normal for a still air incubator.  As long as it doesnt go any higher you will be fine.  Your calculations of February 4th are right for Coturnix eggs but since you are using a still air incubator and the temperature is nearly 2 degrees higher I would remove them on the morning of the 3rd.  Also try and get your humidity up a little bit more.  Fill both trays if you havent already done so and let it go until you take the eggs out.  The egg turner often will add another 1/2-1 degree of heat.  Every 1/2 degree of heat generally decreases you hatch date by 12 hours.  One degree of heat approximately 1 day. 

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 07:47:02 PM »

Make sure you're taking your temp readings at the the same height as the top of the eggs, or just slightly below the top.

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »