Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  GQF Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GQF Question  (Read 3233 times)
carpdoctor
« on: May 07, 2005, 11:28:20 AM »

I want to hatch a few quail just as a hobby and for dog training. I have always wanted to try it. I know my son would love it.  Anyway  I am looking at the hovabator with the electronic thermostat.  Is this a good way to go or should I get the model with the wafer that I can adjust.  The set and forget electronic sounds nice but is it the best way to go.     Second I want to hatch some cortinx (SP?) quail because everyone says they r easy compared to other quail. R there different ones size wise and where is a good place for eggs?  Thanks for the info.
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 08:57:08 PM »

The Hovabators are a good little incubator for hatching small amounts of eggs (120 with turner) as is Little Giant.  I've used Hovabators for over 20 years and have had excellent success.  In addition to the cabinet incubators we still have 14 in operation at the moment.  If you purchase one be sure to get a circulated air model and not the still air.  Later on you will add the fan kit anyway if you buy the still air model.  All of ours are circulated air and not the electronic except for the cabinet incubators.  I plan to get some electronic ones shortly but maybe someone else on here has one that can advise on its operation.  The electronic thermostat models are very accurate.  Coturnix quail in my opinion are easier to raise with less problems.  They grow and mature very rapidly and will be laying for you in 6-8 weeks.  Practically anyone on here has eggs available including myself.  Just visit their website or drop them an email of what you are looking for.  

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
carpdoctor
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 01:00:41 PM »

I can't believe someone doesn't own one of the electronic models. I would like to hear from someone who has one. Either yes they r good or no they arn't.

Thanks
FRANK
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 01:07:43 AM »

HELLO I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH MY GQF INCUBATOR. MODEL #1590 --BOUGHT IT AS A KIT INCUBATOR ,TURNER, AND 30 BOBWHITE EGGS FOR A TOTAL OF  $142.95. HATCHED 90%+  . COTURNIX AND BOBWHITE IN SAME HATCH OF APRIL 1ST. COTURNIX GROW MUCH FASTER. JUST ADD WATER EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS. THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT FAMILY EXPERIENCE KIDS FROM 21yrs - 7 yrs all enjoy ( GQF catalog #0720 ) good luck
lhamid
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 08:13:09 PM »

Carpdoctor, I have Dark Range Coturnix. They are a jumbo variety, very good for meat and bird dog training. They are hardy, easy to raise and  PROLIFIC!!  I sell hatching eggs. Please email me at linda.hamid@hp.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »