Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:06:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  LAST THREE DAYS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LAST THREE DAYS  (Read 2717 times)
thatahemi
« on: October 13, 2004, 10:05:10 AM »

O.K. FELLOW QUAILERS,
I'M COMMING UP ON THE LAST THREE DAYS OF INCUBATION. I HAVE A CIRCULATING HOVA BATOR. TELL ME IF I'M WRONG. INCREASE TEMP 2 DEGREES. FILL THE OUTER AND INNER TROUGH WITH WATER PLACE EGGS ON FLOOR OUT OF TURNER. IT SAYS TO POINT THE SMALL END DOWN SLIGHTLY. HOW DO YOU DO THAT WHEN THERE ON THE FLOOR? BOOST THEM WITH A WEDGE!!!???
THANKS
casnyder
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 10:52:08 AM »

I would not increase the tempeprature.

I would not worry about the orientation of the eggs, but would remove them from the turner.
klsquail
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 10:20:48 AM »

You don't have to increase the temp. on a circulating incubator--only on forced air incubators.  I agree with thatahemi take them out of the turner and lay them in a "natural" positon.  The eggs will move theselves anyways so it doesn't really matter.  Hope this helps.
squirrelhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 05:36:04 PM »

As klsquail said, eggs should be laid in a natural position (i.e. the posistion they would be in in the wild). if this is your first time incubating eggs, I think you will find that often information we receive from different sites will exaggerate the difficulty of incubating eggs. Without doubt, incubation is a complicated process, but compared to wil scenarios we truly do over-care for our eggs. Just learn from this incubation and do the same next time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »