Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:21:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  disinfecting eggs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: disinfecting eggs  (Read 4086 times)
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« on: September 01, 2008, 10:19:37 AM »

Hello All, I've heard about disinfecting eggs and it helping with the hatch rates. I do raise all my birds on wire and I still wanna do all I can to get the best out of my eggs. I do know that when eggs are incubating you don't spray room temp. to help out with the hatches. I do spray in the sides of my sportsmans in the water line a fine mist to raise the humidity up. If you use colder water than the egg it'll suck it inside the egg but do I use the same disinfecting(TEK-TROL) I use for hatching at incubator temps. or can it be the room temp. to disinfect them or just leave the eggs alone? Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:18:09 PM »

Didn't read the stickys, did you.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:25:24 PM »

Read?  The what?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 06:55:23 AM »

don't know either. I'm about all caught up I just owe a few more egg orders I be all covered. I'm still doing all I can and trying to get the most out of my eggs. I exspect every egg to hatch and will be doing just that setting most of my eggs for a while only listing a low quantity. I do heavy culling of my birds and select only my best birds. I don't have many birds for sale and I've not had any to put on the grill in 5-6 months. I'm gonna get all back I had before I got injured and got on all of the differant medications that were screwing me TOTALLY up. I've read about disinfecting eggs and I want the best for my eggs and their success. I've not been able to set eggs for a while since moms passing I just 2 weeks ago got back to setting and hatching eggs weekly til next summer again. I take off during july for 6 weeks. I've got all new breeders and i wanna concentrate on birds they bring so much more attention than just the eggs but I gotta do the best with my eggs 1st off. I guess a few people caught me while I was down and they are the only ones speaking up but noone tells the good just the bad. I've came a long way in the past 2 months and want and exspect only the best for ALL. Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »

Tommy,

With all the auctions you run on eggbid, I wonder why you don't know more about this, or why you don't read more like Reeves seems to be indicating to you. Any solution used to sanitize hatching eggs should be of a temperature higher than the temperature of the eggs. The directions telling you exactly what to do usually come with the disinfectant if its use includes for eggs.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 09:09:40 PM »

Most youth now a days will not use the search function on this, or any forum.

If it HAD been used, then much info would have been found on cleaning eggs........
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:03:49 AM »

gotcha I guess i need to get a laptop so i can read while I'm laying down. I'm not here for weeks or months at a time didn't think about the searches I wanted a quick answer so i totally forgot about the searches. I'm still learing A LOT of the differant things to do was just asking you experts I know and trust.Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 03:29:04 PM »

Tommy,

Did you get my PM ???

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »

mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 10:32:41 PM »

s020 j41 j45
love the pic reeves

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA