Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Quail with bloody butts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quail with bloody butts?  (Read 3046 times)
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« on: December 27, 2004, 06:12:45 AM »

We have not had any problems with sick birds until this last couple of days. The younger birds are dieing (three in the last couple of days) they get bloody rear ends and their anus turns white (well white or light yellow) anyway, they have great weight, so they are not wasting and it is hard to tell if they are being pecked on by other birds because they die so fast. We took out one of the males who is sickly and put him in the "hospital" to see if I can get him well and if it is something that is contagious I want to keep them seperate. Anyway, I am going to give them antibiotic for the next couple of days and see how it goes. It does not seem to affect the older birds just the ones that are under a year old.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Lori

Oh yeah, merry christmas and happy new year to you all.  :D

Five Hollers Quail Farm
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 11:29:15 PM »

.....no help from me, I have not a clue. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out soon.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 05:16:48 AM »

Thanks, trailbossa, the male we put in the hospital died yesterday but no new sick ones in the regular pens. I started them on terramyicin last night and am giving them a shot of vitamins with their food. I gave them a bunch of greens yesteray (from the salad I made) maybe they just need a shot of phytochemicals. Don't know I hope someone out their reads this and can help out.

Later Lori  :D

Five Hollers Quail Farm
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »