Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Ground vs. Wire (Should be entitled Power's hunting ethics)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ground vs. Wire (Should be entitled Power's hunting ethics)  (Read 15705 times)
power
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2004, 01:35:07 PM »

delet
duck nutt
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2004, 01:47:21 PM »

thanks...we're about to make a new fly-pen....it's shaped like a saddle, probably 150'wide and twice as long...good drainage...we're gonna divide it down the center so we can 'graze' one side while the other grows up...have retractable netting in the center to move from one side to the other.... (that's our plan, anyway but you know how those go)  we're not just selling the bird here...we have great dogs, and are training others...people can get the birds cheap from other people, but many don't have any place to set them out...we're selling the whole package....we're gonna offer easy hunts, where there's just knee high grass and good visability, or we can harder hunts where the birds are placed in a more wooded area with briars and such...we'll have lunches and such, and offer skeet shoots..just about anything to make the paying customes happy, BUT all this starts with good birds...if they have to pick the bird up with their hands and toss it in the air to shoot it, they prbably won't be back..
Scorpion
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2004, 01:51:42 PM »

Power WTF, this was a post on cage construction, not hunting ethics. I could care less about your personal views on this subject, I would apretiate you not hijacking another of my threads.
power
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2004, 03:54:10 PM »

delet
derk1

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2004, 08:52:53 PM »

I raise all my quail on wire, just so you know.
It is  wet here and the soil does not drain well.
It is not worth the threat of disease.

Best of luck to you
Royal Flush Game Birds

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2004, 09:14:01 PM »

Power,

Do us all a favor and lighten up on your personal agenda on this site. Dont feel obligated to answer every single post. Its beginning to get annoying. Your rudeness and belittling comments are not welcome or needed. Ive been coming here a long time and enjoy hearing everyones comments and successes and of course failures on their hobby.. not just yours. I hope you can take something from the comments that others are saying and ask yourself if you could be a little forum friendly with your post and attitude. We do not want this to become a war of words. You may know alot about raisng birds but people will tune you out if you continue. Please dont get offended. Please be respectful and we will do the same. :D

WWW.ROYALFLUSHGAMEBIRDS.COM
Quail Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2004, 11:23:27 PM »

Power,
what is your thought on using cocci survivors as your breeding stock?
would you avoid or embrace this?
I have some of age and was planning on using them till half the flock died of cocci.
should I go ahead with the survivors and have "resistant" breeders?
or am I asking for future problems?

birds were raised in the colder damper indoor conditions we had this winter.
not neglected just bad weather.
lessons learned for next time.
power
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2004, 09:11:17 AM »

delet
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »