Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:55:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  damn raccoons............
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: damn raccoons............  (Read 26809 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 07:05:59 AM »

Again, I doubt very seriously that he has a coon problem.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Really Steve, remember, i did see it with my own two eyes. I have automatic lights around my pond that turn on at night, i would always finding this large cat-like creature splashing the water, knocking down the plant pots etc...  Until i noticed their were black and white stripes didnt take long for me to recognize the culprit. It shouldn't be hard to beleive that coons are around the city, they enjoy eating out of peoples garbage and seem to adapt to city life.

(bolding mine)

Coons in NYC have different markings than the rest of North Amercia !
 s020
Just kill the damned thing and be done with it. Quit being a whiny tree hugger !
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 08:09:10 AM »

There you go!!!!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CoopVilla
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 12:28:03 PM »

Kill The Beast !           Kill The Beast !              Kill The beast !              Kill The Beast !                  Kill The Beast !
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »

s020
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 01:53:01 PM »

gotcha!!

c110 the  p33

After all the damage its done it probably deserves it!!!! s80           s176

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Bird Brained
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »

...we are talking NYC here...Again, I doubt very seriously that he has a coon problem.

Oh, it sure is possible, haven't you seen the animated movie "Over the Hedge"?  There were more than coons roaming through that neighborhood proving it could be all kinds of possible vermin.  j1

If I lived in a hood, I probably couldn't sleep at night just thinking what's out there waiting to jump me when I step out the back door.    j10 s2
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 04:06:03 PM »

If I lived in a hood, I probably couldn't sleep at night just thinking what's out there waiting to jump me when I step out the back door.    j10 s2

j41

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

greyghost
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »

Birdlover, I use a K-9 Electric fence cotroller by ZAREBA www.zarebasystems.com. to keep deer out of my garden, I saw a doe come off her feet after getting hit. I have not had it plugged in now for three years and they still stay away. It is about $30 bucks for the brain box and 1000 feet of wire.  Can I get a " You're the MAN!"
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2008, 03:44:15 PM »

You're the man greyghost!!!!!!!!!    p42

$30 not bad , could you get it at a hardware type store like Lowes or Home Depot??

Thanks i appreciate it!!   j2

greyghost
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »

I live in Illinois and shop at Farm and Fleet. I would guess a Tractor supply would  have them.  I tried my local menards and Lowes, no help. Try the website for local dealers. These work!
greyghost
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2008, 04:42:13 PM »

At their site click on "where to buy" and type in your zip code. Your coon will soon be saying s80!
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 09:07:50 PM »

I too have been considering putting some juice around my pen when it's done... Figure there will at the very least be some stray cats interested in the birdies... a37
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »

I'm sticking with the trap method, at least it will save me money from buying the electric fence. I baited it tonight with bagels, I'll try something else if that doesn't work. Hopefully I'll catch him soon and hopefully its just one, or trouble is coming.   

Funny thing i stepped out to see how my quails were doing, and i noticed that 3 quails had escaped, the door was open, i know for sure that i didn't leave the door open.  I'm thinking that the raccoon did that, their paws are like human hands so i guess its pretty easy for them to just open a door.  Don't understand how a door could just be open just like that, if it was the coon i just hope hes trapped real soon.  Now i have quails roaming around, thats if the coon didn't get to them while in the pen. I seemed to noticed quail feathers in the corner of my garden, so i immediately went to look for clues as for paw prints around or in the quail pen.  I'm just very upset about all this and want this  s53 coon to pay

s176 s80

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2008, 11:55:49 PM »

Donuts!!!!!!!!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2008, 03:32:45 PM »

donuts..........opps just finished a donut this morning  s020

I'll get some more donuts or use something else for tonight, i hope i catch him soon!!!  I should wait for him to come near my pond tonight and maybe see if he's interested or not.

c49                     c110     a27

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »