Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:59:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  School ? At My Age ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: School ? At My Age ?  (Read 4187 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: May 18, 2004, 10:06:55 PM »

Yup ! Going to work in the bush this summer: I used to have WMT =Wilderness Medical Tech. This was/is the same as an EMT, the persons in an Ambulance, plus Mountain Rescue & even more.(expired)
So now I need : Basic First Aid (just passed today) Transportation of the Injured (just passed today) Soil Stability (passed last week) TDG=Transportation of Dangerous Goods (for fuel & oils) WHIMS (Work-place Hazardous Information Material System and Firefighting (put the bloody fire out) That I have to take on Thursday morning.

Canada has some funny laws  :roll: And was I paid for this week of training ? Nope ! Not even gas $ !!! It does make me feel better that I may be able to help some co-worker !!
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 06:33:26 AM »

Okay took me a second to understand what you were talking about "bush?' but then the lights came on and I got another cup of coffee. Anyway...I am going back to school myself, LPN, at 41. Never to old to learn   :wink: How long will you be gone and where are you going?

Five Hollers Quail Farm
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 09:24:44 AM »

If you can find a map of central B.C. Canada, look for Quesnel Lake. Huge lake. Two years ago I worked at the end of the north arm, building logging roads. This summer will be spent at the end of the east arm, building some logging roads, installing 11 new bridges & some other related stuff. And fishing after work !
Not sure if I'll be staying at the Silver Tip Lodge or in a trailer camp that is near it. The lodge is real nice ! It was purchased by CMH 2 years ago & they made many updates.(Canadian Mountain Hollidays - heli sking & hiking)
Sterling-Ranch

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 09:41:05 AM »

I'm trying to get a masters at 35.   :shock:
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 05:39:35 AM »

Sounds like a good time really! I would really like to be back at my old job, I am an unemployed Graphic Designer for Yellowbook but they sent my job to India. I gress those people work cheaper than we do. Anyway...school is alright, I hate being broke and so does my husband who is having to take up the slack right now.

Masters at 35. My aunt got her masters and then Phd. when she was 50. So you are doing great.

Need to start making money from these birds. At least we will not starve.  :lol:

Five Hollers Quail Farm
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »